News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Xbox Series X/S

Started by Jason, December 13, 2019 @ 09:56:26 PM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on March 25, 2022 @ 05:46:18 AMYep, and the improved frame rates will spoil you fast. It's very hard to go back to 30fps.
I'm already spoiled by that. I'm definitely a 60fps snob now.

Ted

Got an email from microsoft with a direct link to buy a series X bundle from them so went for it.

Jason

Congrats!!! It's a great system. Do you already have Game Pass for PC?

Ted

I do have gamepass for PC.  The bundle i got came with gamepass ultimate whatever that is.  If it means I can download and play a bunch of different games like on pc I'm happy.

Jason

Yes, that's exactly what it is, including EA Play. You won't be disappointed.

Jason

Another nice addition to Game Pass on July 7th - Matchpoint: Tennis Championships

Full Article

Jason

Ted, I'm not sure how long your Game Pass Ultimate subscription is with your bundle, but you can save a little money buying a 3-month subscription from Amazon for only $40 instead of paying $15 a month.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't offer annual sales of Game Pass.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Ted

When I turned on auto renew it gave me a free month so I'm good until August something.  I can probably pick up 3 monthers on a discount like that here and there to extend out. 

Downloaded a bunch of titles to try out over the coming days.  A friend of ours died unexpectedly week before last so we flew out for the funeral the day after the box arrived.  I'm home now while my wife helps the widow for the rest of this week.  So when I got home Sunday night I set it up and then added a bunch of downloads and went to bed.  Played a little Show 22 last night.

Ted

On another note, there is a slot in the back for added storage. Is that for any kind of SSD or do you need a proprietary one?

Jason

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, it's a proprietary one only: https://smile.amazon.com/Seagate-Storage-Expansion-Solid-State/dp/B08K3S6WJM/

It wouldn't be so bad if the price wasn't so high. You can get a standard 1TB SSD for half that price.

I have the following USB SSD drive connected to my Series X: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874XN4D8/

I use it for Xbox One and Xbox 360 games, and for quickly transferring games to and from the internal SSD when I need space.

Ted

I have a 500GB version of that external drive

Thanks, appreciate the thought.  My wife and his wife have been friends for 40 years.  He was only a year older than me.  Very health conscious guy.  Ran and finished the LA marathon in March.  Had a lingering cough for 3 weeks, but wouldn't go to the doctor because he said was just allergies.  Died in his sleep.  Weird. 

Jason

Damn...that's terrible.

You can plug your 500GB drive into the Xbox and use it for non-optimized games. I'm not sure if your internet is any better than it was years ago, but you can move Series X/S games to the external drive for temporary storage instead of deleting and re-downloading later.

Ted

Gonna post here instead of personal gaming since it's Xbox related.

Tried old Battlefield Bad Company because I always heard good things about it, but never bought it.  Gamepass is great for stuff like this.  Anyway, played 1/2 and hour of the single player which is all I'm interested in for those types of titles is the story.  Maybe it hasn't aged well?  I uninstalled it and moved on.

Played a couple games of NHL 21.  Hadn't played since 18?  Felt pretty good.  There's still some hinky animation stuff that feels off, but it seems improved over the last title I played (which had gotten pretty stale).  Keeping it installed.

Next up is probably Madden and F1-2021.

If there's anything anyone wants to play online casual, sports, driving, or otherwise just let me know.

Jason

NHL 22 will be available on May 12th if you want to try the latest one.

I'll be away this weekend for my daughter's volleyball tournament but I'd like to try some online racing next week, especially F1 2021.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Ted

I'm up for that.  Also, Wreckfest?