News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Tiger Woods 12 Demo (XB360) Available Now

Started by Jason, March 08, 2011 @ 08:24:30 AM

Jason

Amazon finally sent me my pre-order code for a putter  t::u . I also purchased a copy of "Predator" with some points I received from Xbox Rewards this month.

We need to schedule a time for a bunch of us to play a round online sometime soon. Anyone besides Brent and Derek have a copy?

BDSooner72

Anyone interested in playing online?  I was hoping to try something tonight or this weekend.

Jason

If not tonight, definitely tomorrow night for me.

webdanzer

I've been playing the weekly 'play the pros' tournaments on 'tour pro' level, and have been having fun with my created golfer (Current stats have putting and driving about 60, and the other two in the high 40's, low 50s).

Dunno if you guys play on that level or not, but join on in if you want!  I like seeing friends' scores pop up on the leaderboards!

BDSooner72

I only play "tourney" and tend to stick with the offline tour.   I just wish they let us play H2H matches with whatever level we want.  That way Jason could play on Amateur and I could stick with Tourney. 

BDSooner72

Turnberry and  Bethpage are now available for anyone who cares.

I restarted with a new golfer and a new golfer with the goal of building up all my stats playing on Amateur (white tees, no wind, play now) and mastering all the courses (except the fantasy ones).  Once done with that I will flip the switch back to tournament mode and start a tour.

I accomplished two things I have never done in a Tiger Woods game. I shot a score under 50  (a 49 at Bethpage) and on Tunberry I birded 18 straight holes.  I kinda see how some people find this pretty fun. I mean to master a course you have to be dead on and limit yourself to 4 two putts and a 7 birdie streak. There was plenty of pressure involved. Just a different form of pressure than I am used to playing sim.

I did master my first course, Turnberry and it is safe to say that playing with a gold level caddy makes it really easy and I can see how players are averaging in the 40's with one.  I am playing with stats in the 50's and can only imagine what it would be like using a gold caddy and full stats.

Jason

An update is now available for Tiger Woods 12. Patch notes are not available yet.

BDSooner72

Wow, that is shocking to say the lEast.  Not expecting that.  Lets see if they added a CADDY ON/OFF BUTTON.

BDSooner72

Played a few holes and I do not expect much from the update.  I imagine they fixed some of the issues with sponsor events and Tiger shooting something like 80 under par glitch in the final round.  Most of the updates are probably on the online tourney side.

Caddy still there, can turn him off but his shot options are still there.  I did not see anything that I wanted patched.  Guess we will have to wait for the notes, which they have promised over at the TW forum.

Jason

Here is the rundown of all fixes included in the most recent update:

1. Challenge Tiger Bug: Tiger shooting -70 in your career when you challenge him for the #1 spot will no longer happen.
2. All new Twitter feed feature: Check out the latest tweets from your favorite Tiger 12 Golfers in the ticker.
3. Reboot crash (360 only): This crash was happening to 360 users. When the crash took place, your entire system would reboot. This crash has been fixed.
4. Gamernet crash: Freezing at the challenge info screen when loading into a gamernet clip has been fixed.
5. Incorrect course options load screen when entering a live tournament has been removed.
6. Masters scorecard bug: Issue resolved involving multiple users playing at Augusta and the scorecard not tracking properly.
7. Lefty Lie Indicator: Now correctly shows the lie (abovew or below feet part) for left-handed golfers.
8. Added Dolby dts logo to PS3 XMB background
9. Fixed loft stick spin being reset on your custom shot when you cycle to a caddy shot and back

BDSooner72

I want to punch someone in regards to that stupid Twitter feed. I don't use it and I do not want it streaming across my screen.  I actually liked my stats and info but in typical TW form, not an option to turn it off.

Weee  Bubba went dancing.