News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB The Show 21

Started by Jason, March 12, 2021 @ 11:09:00 AM

Jason

Jason

It took 13 years for SDS to finally copy 2K's pitching gestures. I may buy the game earlier than usual just for that feature.

Jason

New fielding video posted today. They've made a lot of nice improvements. My favorite addition my be the strafing.

Jason

This game looks amazing on the PS5 even though it's the PS4 version of the game. The higher resolution and more importantly, the solid 60fps make a huge difference.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

The Show 21 coming to Game Pass on launch. What a steal for Microsoft.

BDSooner72

Holy crap and I already paid for it, time to cancel that preorder.

Gamepass is just the gift that keeps on giving.

BDSooner72

Jason

Sony's getting beat up pretty badly over this situation and rightfully so. This is a  big win for Microsoft. If it wasn't for backwards compatibility, I'd seriously reconsider my next-gen purchase.

Brad Company

I am Sony Pony and have no beef with it. Of course, I never spend more than 10-15 bucks on the Show, anyway.

Jason

I usually wait for it to drop in price myself, but it would have been nice to be able to play it for free when it's released. All the gameplay issues that take a few months to get fixed make the wait much easier though.

Brad Company

Evidently, MLB is the publisher of the Xbox version and negotiated its' appearance on GP.

BDSooner72

OS did a comparison of the PS4/PS5 versions. They did add a feature for next gen with the ball park creator but graphically it looks as unimpressive as next gen Madden. Take away the PS4/PS5 text from the video and most would not know which is which.

BDSooner72

Reviews so far have been fairly average.  This particular comment was a head-scratcher.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2021/04/17/mlb-the-show-21-review-the-good-the-bad-and-the-bottom-line/?sh=1606adc6578f

QuoteNo Night Games for Created Ballparks

This omission might be minor to some, but it didn’t sit well with me to find out that none of your created ballparks are eligible for night games. Even if you set the start time of the game late, you don’t get a night game.

Sony never communicated this limitation during the feature premiere. It would have been fair to consumers to mention this during one of the times Sony San Diego highlighted the feature. Stadium Creator is great, but no night games for the parks feels weird.

The developers are hoping to introduce this in a future patch or next year.  ::)

Brad Company

Did RTTS get gutted, as some are saying?

BDSooner72

Still waiting to play it but I am a franchise guy that avoids the other stuff. I found this from today and it reference back to an OS forum thread.

https://www.polygon.com/22392625/mlb-the-show-21-rtts-diamond-dynasty-rank-up-progression-perks