News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Madden 20

Started by Jason, June 14, 2019 @ 11:21:19 PM

Jason

Was anyone able to snag a Madden 20 beta code? For the first time in many years I'm interested in a new Madden game. I'd like to see if they improved RPM and added back rag-doll physics this year.

BDSooner72

Apparently they have removed the refs from the field. They only show up on cut scenes and penalties.  This is the most Madden thing ever. If it's in the game...   

Jason

Clint Oldenburg said on Twitter that they weren't happy with how the refs looked in the game so they decided to remove them. I'm not so sure I believe that, but I can't think of another good reason for them to do it. Having said that, I never thought the refs looked bad in the game either. I doubt removing the refs would help improve the performance of the game, especially since Madden runs at a solid 60fps and has for a while.

What's even stranger is that the PS1 versions of Madden not only had refs on the field, but they'd also pick up the ball after plays and place it on the line of scrimmage. I know it doesn't really affect gameplay, but it's amazing how far backwards EA has gone in some areas of the game.

BDSooner72

Heard that too. Yet somehow they are happy with the sidelines. Low poly cutouts players that clap and gyrate on occasion.

This is actually one of my clips. Man do I miss 2K and the amazing presentation they had in their football games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfKuKpo_I-g

Bonus video I made showing off how bad the AI was, especially on offense and a big reason they never got big runs. Cleveland is the CPU and that is me whiffing the tackle leaving what should at the very least 20 more yards of pure daylight. Notice that it is right at the first down yard stick he decides to turn into a bevy of Steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ujMNAOKGc

CPU defense was not much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4HOjT5rBHc

I am not pre-ordering Madden for the first time ever. If you end up being able to play exhibition games or even a playoff mode with the college teams I might consider it but would try my best to wait for a drop in price. Which is never a given for digital purchases.

Jason

I haven't bought a sports game for more than $20 in a few years with the exception of NBA Live 19, which I bought for $40 and won't do again.

Brad Company

They're a terrible value proposition.

Jason

I'm probably going to buy a month of EA Access next week for $5 so I can play 10 hours of Madden 20.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Madden 20 supposedly got rid of the tackling QTE's that I absolutely hated. I can't believe I'm actually excited for a Madden game again.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Looks like I won't have to pay for a month of EA Access to try out Madden this year. The full Madden game will be free from Thursday, September 5th through Monday, September 9th. Good timing as another big update was just released today.

Jason

Madden 20 trial is now available for free download on PSN.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on September 05, 2019 @ 07:58:05 AM
Madden 20 trial is now available for free download on PSN.

Played two games this morning and they've addressed my two biggest issues with 19...player control and lighting. The RPM controls in 19 were a little stiff and sometimes unresponsive, but they're so smooth and responsive in 20. I've heard a lot of people mention this and it was the one thing I really wanted to see for myself and EA did not disappoint. I might end grabbing this when it drops to $40 instead of waiting for it to drop to $20. EA has a 20% off link in the game, but it's for a higher priced (Superstar?) edition. I may have taken the bait if it was for the standard edition.

Another nice thing was being able to start Daniel Jones over Eli Manning. I can finally have a QB that can move and throw accurately. I have to get used to the new defensive controls though because I kept changing the camera accidentally when try to jam the receivers at the line.

BDSooner72

I found a way to make the game somewhat enjoyable. I edited the rosters of the Redskins so I could run one last year with Adrian Peterson and see if I could get over the 2000 yard mark like I did with him so many times in NCAA Football.  Traded for as many Oklahoma players in the NFL as possible on offense and a couple on defense. I made as even a trade as possible, with Kyler Murray being the lone exception but he is only rated a point higher than who I traded him for. So I have 3 OU HB's in Peterson, Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine.  Then I have four starters at WR with Westbrook, Stills, Shepard and Brown.  Mark Andrews at TE and even tossed in Aaron Ripkowski to play Fullback. Tress Way was already the punter on the Reskins. Probably should have taken Seibert as my kicker but forgot. Two linemen, Trent Williams, already a Redskin and Orlando Brown. Gerald McCoy at DT and a few backups from OU in the secondary.

I left Baker in Cleveland. The Steeler fan in me would not let me make that trade.  Went with the Redskins since it lets me play the Cowboys twice. Just finished beating them in a defensive slug-out 12-14 to go 2-0. Not putting too much pressure on Kyler as he has already thrown 3 int's in two games. Going for a a return of "The Hogs" in season one.

BDSooner72

Almost forgot I get to play and beat the Giants 2 times a year.  ::))

Jason

I played a game of Madden 19 to see how it compared and it's really hard to play now. I won't say it's unplayable because that word is overused and a bit dramatic, but it really is a big step back from Madden 20. The player control is just so much better, probably the best it's ever been.

I did run into this bug below where Saquon Barkley and the announcers both thought the play resulted in a touchdown when he was tackled at the one:

Jason