News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PlayStation Classic

Started by Jason, October 30, 2018 @ 10:15:07 AM

Jason

I had some interest in this when it was first announced even though I still have a working PS1 and a still-connected PS2, which can play most PS1 games. Unfortunately, Sony lost me now that they announced the 20 games included in the system. I was really surprised that Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider (1 and 2) were not included, along with the original dual shock controllers.

It's a shame these classic consoles (Nintendo included) weren't designed with the ability to add games to their libraries, either through digital downloads or SD cards.

Brad Company

It's for people with no Sony hardware and a sense of nostalgia. The lineup is meh at best.

Jason

It's also been noted that they used an open-source (PCSX) emulator, so they really didn't put much effort into this at all.

Jason

Sony really messed up with this. I wonder if they'd considered a firmware update to address the PAL issue. It would be easy enough for customers to download it, put it on a USB drive and connect that in the console. They're getting killed by most of the major gaming sites for this thing.

Brad Company

Jason

Nice find. I'm still surprised by the lack of popular games included. I would have loved to see Crash Team Racing, WipeOut, WipeOut XL, WipeOut 3, Tomb Raider 1 and 2, and Gran Turismo 1 and 2...the NTSC versions.

Jason

Sony has a list of 20 games that are playable on the PlayStation Classic, but they were apparently testing 38 more games on the hardware before they settled on the final 20.

[attachment deleted by admin]