News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The Movie/TV Thread

Started by Jason, July 20, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Jason

Did anyone watch episode one of Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on HBO last night? I've been looking forward to it and recorded the first episode, but haven't watched it yet.

Jason

New Obi-Wan trailer out today:

Jason

We only have 6 episodes of The Office left. Should hopefully be done on Thursday.

I also watched the new Scream movie with my kids last night. I guess it wasn't terrible, but like most horror movies, the characters make really bad decisions in this movie.

Jason

Finally finished up The Office last night. It was a good, if not predictable, ending.

Brad Company

With all of the enthusiasm of finishing the laundry.

Ted

Upload seems pretty good so far

Jason

Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2022, 04:38:49 PMUpload seems pretty good so far
I've been bugging my wife to watch this since it came out and last week she mentioned the show to me like I've never heard of it before.

Jason

Watched The Adam Project and the new Death on the Nile movie this weekend.

The Adam project was more of a kids movie with bad CGI, and Ryan Reynolds playing the same character he plays in every other movie. I guess some people find him entertaining...I find him annoying.

I'm a huge fan of Agatha Christie's books and movies so I was excited to see that Death on the Nile was already available on HBO this weekend. I thought Kenneth Branagh did a good job with Murder on the Orient Express, even though it's not one of my favorite AC books, so I had high expectations for this, and for the most part it didn't disappoint. I have to re-watch the 1978 version to see how it holds up.

It's been at least 30 years since I read the book, but they did eliminate and change some of the characters to simplify the plot for the movie. I don't think the changes really hurt the story and did provide some continuity between this and Murder on the Orient Express. The final reveal stayed fairly close to the book, so I can't really complain too much.

Peter Ustinov will always be the definitive version of Hercule Poirot to me, but Kenneth Branagh does a very good job too. I'd like to see him take a shot at directing a new version of my favorite Agatha Christie movie, Evil Under the Sun (1982) and book, And then there were None, which has never been done well as a movie. The closest they've come to making a successful version of the book was the 2015 TV mini-series.

Ted

I thought Adam Project was pretty good, but unlike you I don't find Ryan Reynolds annoying.  I agree he plays the same guy in every movie.

Started watching The Dropout as recommended by one of my daughters.  Like it 3 episodes in.

Jason

I have to give credit where it's due - I watched Free Guy (with Ryan Reynolds) tonight and thought it was really good. It's a mix of Ready Player One and The Truman Show. My younger son, who didn't want to watch it, was hooked after the first 5 minutes.

Ted

Started Generation Kill tonight.  Never caught it when originally released.

Brad Company

Loved that one. Bought the Blu-Ray set.

Jason

Watched The Batman on NBA Max last night and thought it was even better the second time. Robert Pattinson is definitely my favorite Batman.

Ted

Is that HBO max or does the NBA have a movie streaming platform now?

Jason

Quote from: Ted on April 20, 2022, 06:29:16 PMIs that HBO max or does the NBA have a movie streaming platform now?
Lol. I have no idea why I typed that. I can't even say it was a typo.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk