News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Assetto Corsa

Started by Jason, September 28, 2017 @ 09:49:45 AM

Jason

Anyone here own or play Assetto Corsa? I'm thinking of picking this up for $20 and holding off on Project Cars 2 for a while. From what I've heard, the graphics aren't great, but the handling and AI are very good.

Brad Company

Nope. And I'm sticking with P-Cars1 and Driveclub.

Jason

I don't blame you. Nothing I've seen or heard about Project Cars 2 makes me want to go out and get it, especially at full price.

Jason

I just ordered Assetto Corsa from Walmart.com for $20. I couldn't pass it up for that price and the digital version has been $50 for the past few months with no signs of a price drop.

Project Cars 2 seems to have its share of bugs and I'm already annoyed with GT Sport being mostly online focused and the fact that I was never able to get into the many betas. I also found out today that the open beta for GT Sport, which starts tomorrow, is for PS+ subscribers only, so I'll give them the middle finger right back by never buying their product.

Brad Company

The demo is also a walled off version of the full game, it weighs in at 43GB.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 08, 2017 @ 04:31:48 PM
The demo is also a walled off version of the full game, it weighs in at 43GB.

Sony finally decided to let us lowly non-PS+ peasants download the demo. I tried it out this morning and it crashes every time I try to enter the "Settings".

Brad Company

I'm not bothering with it.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 10, 2017 @ 04:35:47 PM
I'm not bothering with it.

Good choice. I'm not impressed with the demo and the sense of speed sucks in it, even with fast cars.

Brad Company

Here's a general question re: F1 on PS4. Are any of the titles good, and do any have throwback cars/circuits.
I like mucking about with hotlaps and time trials, mostly. Don't need a career mode thing at all.

Jason

I deleted GT Sport today.

I have both F1 2015 and 2016 on the PS4 and would highly recommend them based on gameplay. I don't play the career modes either and also speed most of my time running hotlaps, time trials and quick races, and feel like they're still a great investment. Driving F1 cars provides a much different experience than the other racing games and the handling model is great in this series on the PS4.

Unfortunately, 2015 and 2016 don't have any throwback cars/circuits, but 2017 supposedly does. 2017 came out in late August, so I'd probably hold off for an upcoming sale on it. I plan on getting it myself once the price drops.

Brad Company

Good to hear, I'll grab the cheapest one at some point, although holding out for '17 might be the best play.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 12, 2017 @ 05:39:54 PM
Good to hear, I'll grab the cheapest one at some point, although holding out for '17 might be the best play.

A demo for F1 2017 was just released today on PSN. I'm downloading it right now. Pretty cool since they never released demos for the earlier games.

Ted

Cool.  DL'ing the demo now.

Jason

Noticed two things immediately...the controls are less twitchy and there was no screen tearing on the Australian track, which tears badly in 2016.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

I was going to post how I feel F1 2017 is a nice upgrade from 2016 based solely on the car handling, but then I realized just tonight that 2017 also offers HDR, so it's definitely worth the upgrade.