News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

WipeOut Omega Collection coming on 6/6

Started by Jason, March 31, 2017 @ 09:35:08 AM

Jason

Brad Company

Still one of the most visually impressive things you can play on PS3. True 1080p.

Jason

Day-one purchase for me. Pre-ordered at Amazon for $32.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm staying up until midnight tonight to try out my digital copy.

Brad Company

This is a remaster, not an all new game, right?

Jason

Yes, it's a remaster of 2048 and HD Fury. Pretty impressed so far. Wasn't expecting 60fps and HDR on the standard PS4.

Brad Company

Not surprised, game has always been a bit of a technical marvel.

Jason

This version is such a huge improvement over the Vita version, and not just in the graphics department. The controls are so much better. I could barely control the ships and rarely and finished better than sixth in any race in the Vita version, and I consider myself a WipeOut veteran, but I'm already competitive in the PS4 version. Some of it has to do with being able to see the tracks better on the bigger screen, but the controls are much less twitchy. Definitely recommended if you're a fan of the series.

Brad Company

Jason

The game looks amazing on a standard PS4, so I can only imagine how nice it looks in 4K. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy it.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 08, 2017 @ 07:11:06 PM
The game looks amazing on a standard PS4, so I can only imagine how nice it looks in 4K. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy it.
I really hope they release new tracks as DLC. I'd be all over that.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 08, 2017 @ 02:56:31 PM
An already great looking game looking even better, and rock steady to boot. Gonna have to grab this now.

Don't forget to disable Motion Blur to get a true 4K image.

Brad Company

Might be time to jump on this now. Does your review stand, sir?

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 04, 2018 @ 10:15:17 AM

Absolutely. Would still pay full price for it.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 04, 2018 @ 10:15:17 AM

Have you had a chance to play it? If so, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I do.