News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Making the switch to digital...

Started by Jason, January 22, 2017 @ 01:24:43 PM

Brad Company

Yeah, that's the risk with digital. I've only been burned a couple of times, GTA5 being the biggest culprit.

Jason

I went digital with Batman: Arkham City last week during the "Batman Sale" and just cancelled my pre-order of the Show 17 with Amazon and went digital with that too.

Brad Company

Picked up Arkham Knight last week and AssCreed Syndicate this week in the sales. Both are complete versions with all DLC.
Both were less than $20, pretty solid. Also grabbed GoW3 remaster for $6 and GoW2HD for the PS3 for $2.50.
If you get the PS newsletter e-mail,check for a 20% code for the store. Used mine for AssCreed.

Jason

What was the sale price of Assassin's Creed Syndicate? I would have considered the digital version.

I need to sign up for the newsletter. Thanks for the tip.

Brad Company

Syndicate Gold is $20.79 right now.

Jason

I was looking at the standard version. Thanks again...Gonna pick this up tonight. I didn't realize the Jack the Ripper DLC is included!!! That DLC alone is $15.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

The Pro patch for the game has it looking sharp.

Jason

I bought it last night and downloaded all the DLC. Looking forward to playing it on my lowly standard PS4.

Jason

My copy of The Show 17 downloaded last night too. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Post detailed impressions of the Show, I need to know if I should pick it up in July for $20.

Jason

Add PES 2017 to list of games I've moved to digital with. Couldn't pass up PES 2017 for $20 digitally during the current sale.

Brad Company

Jason

Already switched from FIFA 17 disc to FIFA 17 digital a few months ago.

Brad Company

https://kotaku.com/why-ubisoft-is-obsessed-with-games-as-a-service-1822938255

I've long thought CoD should be this way, as well as sports. Those numbers are hard to ignore.

Jason

CoD and sports games get people to buy the latest version every year for $70+, plus the DLC, VC and other bullshit, so I don't think they'd do that until year-to-year sales start really dropping. I'm sure plenty of people would pay $40 for a Madden roster and game updates every year, but EA has no incentive to do that since everyone apparently has no problem paying $70+ every year for a "brand new" game.

As for me, I like seeing publishers provide on-going support and adding new content to existing games. I recently picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands, while it was on sale for $20, knowing that Ubisoft is still supporting the game.

I've also become a big fan of digital purchases. I was against them during the Xbox 360 and early PS4 years, but I'm all in now. Of the 70 games installed on my PS4, only 4 are disc-based (GTA V, NASCAR Heat 2, Tekken 7 and PES 2018) and they'll be replaced once the digital versions go on sale. I like the convenience, instant purchase and not having to worry about late/damaged orders.