News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Making the switch to digital...

Started by Jason, January 22, 2017 @ 01:24:43 PM

Jason

I've recently converted some of my disc games to digital and just added another with the latest $5 Flash Sale. Here's the list of games that I've gone from disc to digital with (in order or newest to oldest):

• The Order: 1886
  • UFC 2
  • Need for Speed
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Injustice
  • DriveClub

Brad Company

The deals on digital now are really good. No point in discs, unless getting $5 from gamestop is important.

Jason

They had a lot of good games during that $5 Flash Sale, including many I already owned. My son bought Tomb Raider, which he'll really enjoy.

Jason

The Madden Super Bowl Edition was just released for $20, so I'm considering trading in my disc version for $16 and making the switch. I don't care about the MUT packs included, I'm just interested in going disc-less.

Brad Company

Jason

Make the switch today but was charged tax for the first time ever on PSN. Wonder if this started for 2017.

Brad Company

Jason

Just traded in Rory McIIroy PGA Golf for $13 and repurchased digitally for $10. For whatever reason, I wasn't charged tax this time...

Jason

I was just credited back the tax I was charged for my order of Madden 17 Super Bowl Edition. The email said I was "mistakenly" taxed.

Jason

Traded in my copy of NHL 16 for $5 at Amazon and upgraded to the digital version of NHL 17 for $15 (currently $20 - $5 trade-in). First time I've gone from disc to digital and upgraded to a newer version in the process.

Brad Company

Does the NHL series feature classic or international teams?

Jason

It has the international teams and players. Not sure about classic teams. I'll check tonight.

Just traded in FIFA 17 to get the digital version at a break-even price.

Brad Company

I love having lots of folders full of games. ^-^

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on March 01, 2017 @ 03:20:08 PM
Does the NHL series feature classic or international teams?

No classic teams that I could see.

Played a few games tonight and really enjoyed it. The biggest reason I wanted to upgrade to 17 was due to the player controls. I read that the players had much more weight and momentum in this year's version and so far I agree. I never liked the floaty feeling in 15 and 16.

Jason

I'm debating whether I should cancel my Amazon pre-order for The Show 17 and just go digital with it. My total with Amazon including tax is $51.29, so it ends up being $8.70 more to go digital since sales tax on PSN doesn't kick in until April 1st for me. My biggest concern is that 17 turns out to be bad (Like MLB 15), which leaves me no option to trade it in, but I seriously doubt that after watching all the streams.