News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

To Madden or Not To Madden

Started by Jason, August 19, 2016 @ 08:35:33 AM

Jason

I was planning on skipping Madden this year since the big changes to the game will come next year with the switch to the Frostbite engine, but the early buzz on the game has been very good so far. Amazon doesn't make the decision any easier with their 20% off new games either.

Anyone else picking up Madden next week?

Jason

I ordered it. Amazon's Prime discount got me again. I'm hearing a lot of good things about this year's game, but what put me over the top was the improved running game. My only complaint with last year's game was that the running felt a little twitchy and that has apparently been improved a lot in 17. I guess I'll know for sure in two days.

Ted

Is that discount for a digital key or do you have to buy a disc copy?

Jason

Disc only, which is kind of a shame.

Jason

My copy of Madden arrived yesterday. I only got to play one half so far, but the running game is definitely improved. It feels a lot like NCAA Football 14, which is a good thing. At first I was a little thrown off because the default setting is for the CPU to automatically pull off moves for you, so I felt like I had no control over my runner, but once I disabled that it felt great. Hopefully I'll be able to play a few games tonight.

Ted

Well this is the most I've ever enjoyed a Madden title.  Currently trying to get Cleveland to the winning side of .500 in franchise.

Jason

They really did a good job with Madden this year and another patch is expected this week.

Ted

Finished the first season with the Browns 5-11.  Got 3 rookie starters in the draft, a QB, a SS, and a WR, and two other rookie depth WR that will see playing time the first year.  Improved the team from a 71 overall to a 76. 

Hoping for .500 in 2017 season.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on November 29, 2016 @ 12:05:46 PM
Finished the first season with the Browns 5-11.  Got 3 rookie starters in the draft, a QB, a SS, and a WR, and two other rookie depth WR that will see playing time the first year.  Improved the team from a 71 overall to a 76. 

Hoping for .500 in 2017 season.

Nice. What skill level do you play on?

Ted

Pro 15 minute quarters, no slider adjustments.  And I play only the key moments thing they implemented this year.  Games go by quick and I get in just enough action to keep it fresh and don't get bogged down in a long game.  It's like playing the highlight reels.  There is so much of the game being simmed that I don't get ridiculous outcomes on Pro, but at the same time I don't get frustrated because I'm actually able to have routine success on the plays I do get to run.

In those 5 victories, 4 were at home and I never blew out anyone.  Most I just barely held on to win.  I did have one overtime loss too.  When I lost it was routinely by two or more scores so it felt like a pretty "realistic results" season.

Game has its hooks in me pretty deep right now.  When I'm at work I can't wait to get home and work through my season.

Brad Company

Well, you're doing a lot better than the current Browns "braintrust".

Jason

The next title update is available. Patch notes should be available soon.

Jason

Gameplay

• Adressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
  • Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
  • Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the
  • ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover.
  • Addressed certain instances of defenders travelling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments.
  • Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
  • Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
  • Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
  • Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
  • Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
  • Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
  • Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
  • Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
  • Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble.
Madden Ultimate Team

• Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons.
  • Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games.
  • Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting
  • until the Event is over.
  • Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set.
Commentary

• New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game
  • where we had no commentary.
  • New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s.
  • New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations.
  • Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire
  • new situational commentary.
  • Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to
  • game scenarios.
  • Legends names added.
  • Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry.
Stability

• Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team.