News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

MLB The Show 16

Started by Jason, March 30, 2016 @ 02:36:56 PM

BDSooner72

I do not play online but this was a nice move by the Show.  Will consider it payment for all the glitches in the rest of the game. Might even setup a Diamond Dynasty and RTTS, due to this.

http://forums.theshownation.com/forum/main-forum/news-aa/13298-a-message-about-the-state-of-online-in-mlb-the-show-16-4-8-16

Every season, there’s nothing we look forward to more than finally getting a new version of MLB The Show into our fans’ hands. We spend our offseason striving to make the best baseball game possible, aided by an amazing community that buoys us with their support and terrific feedback.

The Show 16 is the culmination of all of that, a labor of love for all of us, and while we’re proud of everything we put in the package this year, our initial online experience has been inconsistent.

We apologize that the excitement of launch and the start of the season has been soured by these issues. Our team is taking every step necessary and working around the clock to stabilize our online servers as soon as possible.

In acknowledgment of the frustration these issues have caused, if you’ve played The Show 16 while connected to PlayStation Network before 1 pm PDT, Friday, April 8, we’re adding 5,000 stubs and 10 standard packs to your account. Stubs will show up automatically by Tuesday, April 12; no redemption required. Packs can be accessed in the “Open Packs” section by Tuesday, April 12 (via “Main Menu > My Locker > Inventory > Open Packs”).

To those of you who’ve reached out to us during this week, and to the many more who we haven’t heard from but who may have been affected, we extend our endless thanks and appreciation for your patience and ongoing support.

Brad Company

This is now 20 bucks. What was you guys' final verdict on this one?
I know '15 had some issues, and I wondered how '16 turned out.
I would be mostly playing exhibition, with classic rosters, classic controls and dynamic difficulty.
I may be seriously ill, as I am considering a sports title. :))

Jason

I had just popped The Show 16 back into my PS4 on Thursday with the playoffs starting, so your timing is good.

FWIW, I'm not one of these guys over at OS who over-analyzes every aspect of the game, but I think it's a big improvement over 15. I was very disappointed in 15, and 16 renewed my faith in the series. My comments in the first post of this thread still stand and IMO the game is a steal for $20.

Ted

I love 16.  I'm in my 7th season with my franchise.

The only thing I have in common with your playing is that I also play on dynamic difficulty and I like that option.  It never gets too easy and it never gets too hard and I get good variety of scoring along with slumps and streaks.

Brad Company

Got the game, gonna dig into it this week.

Brad Company

I am baffled at the 5 roster save limit. Game plays beautifully, though.
Do I really need a second controller to set the pitcher and lineup for the cpu team in exhibition?

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 11, 2016 @ 06:40:25 PM
I am baffled at the 5 roster save limit. Game plays beautifully, though.
Do I really need a second controller to set the pitcher and lineup for the cpu team in exhibition?

No, just push the d-pad to the side of the CPU and make your changes. I change the CPU starting pitcher all the time in exhibition games.

Brad Company

Cool, me no smart sometimes. Found a workaround on the rosters; save 'em to a thumb drive.

Jason

I've never saved more than three rosters, so I didn't even know there was a 5 roster limit.

Brad Company

Jason

I have no interest in the retro mode. It looks cool and I'll probably play once or twice, but that's it. I hope they address the one big issue I have with the game...the framerate.