News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

EA PSN Sale

Started by Jason, February 02, 2016 @ 01:24:18 PM

Jason

Looks like Amazon is matching the EA PSN Sale including some more non-EA games: Amazon Digital Sale

Jason

Quote from: Ted on February 06, 2016 @ 12:49:13 AM
I had $10 in my wallet from when I first bought my PS4 so I picked up NHL for an additional $9.79.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on February 05, 2016 @ 10:00:35 AM
I had downloaded the demo of PES back when it was first released and wasn't crazy about the gameplay, but I went ahead and downloaded the free version to see how the patched version plays.

I'm really enjoying PES now and for whatever reason the graphics are much better than I remember them being in the demo. I'd definitely consider the full game if there's a good sale on it.

Jason

PES is currently on sale on the PS Store for $41.99. I'm really tempted to buy it. Sale is only good until 2/15.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

I just had to have $44 in my PSN Wallet.  At least I will get to see how much Master League has improved as it has been years w/o PES.

Now to find some option files.

Edit: When it goes on sale give Unravel a shot. It has pretty good length (10 + hours and 5+ more for the puzzle challenged like me). I think it is worth the $20 but YMMV. Has 5 secrets in each location for a second play-through.  Absolutely stunning game and the yarn puzzles are well down so far.

Jason

I've been considering Unravel for my five-year-old son but I'm worried about the puzzles being a little too complicated for him to figure out. The game does have drop-dead gorgeous graphics though. I'll probably do what you suggested and grab it when it's on sale.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on February 13, 2016 @ 08:12:31 AM
I just had to have $44 in my PSN Wallet.  At least I will get to see how much Master League has improved as it has been years w/o PES.

Now to find some option files.

I caved in too. I had to rush home from work because the sale ended at 3pm today. I placed my order at 2:54pm.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on February 06, 2016 @ 05:24:41 PM
Quote from: Ted on February 06, 2016 @ 12:49:13 AM
I had $10 in my wallet from when I first bought my PS4 so I picked up NHL for an additional $9.79.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it.

I find it pretty much unchanged on the ice since 13.  Pro is too easy; all star is too hard.  Hey I'm 50 years old now, reflexes long gone  :-[.    I spend almost all of my time playing GM, building the team while simming the games.  When I do play I enjoy it for about half the game and then remember why I don't play the games hardly at all.  The one significantly positive thing for me is the change in commentators.  Just glad the old stale ones are gone. 

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on February 04, 2016 @ 01:04:45 PM
The option files available for PES are pretty amazing.

They "were" pretty amazing. Unfortunately this gen requires a ton of self editing. The days of the true option files have never existed for PS4 (sharing option files between users is not allowed). What you can do are download images made by other users, for logos, faces, kits, etc.  Even then you still have to edit parts of the uniforms colors.  Also they have to be done one by one.  Frustrating to say the least but I have all the data to do the English Div1/2, let's hope it works as some USB's are not recognizable by the PS4.

BDSooner72

Almost two hours to do the two English Leagues and that was just editing in two kits per team, ignoring the GK and third/fourth option. Renamed all the clubs and threw in rivals as best I could. Emblems were the easiest part. No head changes, coaches or roster edits.  Fortunately EA does not have an exclusive license to the EPL rosters and player likeness, so I left them alone for now.

Now it's time to take QPR or Brentford (love the name, team not so much) to the big time.

Jason

Brent, just an FYI: PES went on sale again this week for only $29.99 for PSN Plus members. I called 800-345-7669 and was given $12 in PSN credit since I purchased it less than 2 weeks ago for $41.99. You may want to call to get yourself $12 in PSN credit too, just don't waste your time with the online chat...you'll have to call the phone number to get it.

BDSooner72

Will have to give it a try.