News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Tom Clancy's The Division

Started by Jason, January 25, 2016 @ 11:57:50 AM

Jason

Anyone interested is this game? It wasn't on my radar but I've definitely become more interested in it as more info has been released. I thought it was going to be multi-player only but there seems to be a nice single-player campaign as well.

BDSooner72

I am looking at getting it now that I know there is plenty of single player content. I like the idea of the Dark Zone but you know there are going to be a ton of assholes out there shooting other humans on sight.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 25, 2016 @ 04:34:13 PM
I am looking at getting it now that I know there is plenty of single player content. I like the idea of the Dark Zone but you know there are going to be a ton of assholes out there shooting other humans on sight.

So, is it going to be like Destiny where you can play single-player but still have other online players in your world?

Brad Company

I'm under the impression everything but the Dark Zone is PVE, but can be tackled co-op.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/15/tom-clancy-the-division-preview/

For me, 3rd person only and bulletsponge human a.i. enemies are of concern, along with how fleshed out DZ is.
The co-op aspects hopefully are like Destiny, although I'm going to bet the gunplay is not as intuitive and fluid.

Jason

I've heard a lot of people complaining about the amount of bullets it takes to kill someone so I'd be surprised if this wasn't tweaked before the final release.

BDSooner72

A good video that breaks down the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWkcnVpk85o

Technically the Dark Zone is also PVE because there will be High Level AI to fight against along with the PvP.

Brad Company

I should also add that being a Clancy game gives me pause as well.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Brad Company on January 25, 2016 @ 06:59:54 PM
I should also add that being a Clancy game gives me pause as well.

Being a Ubisoft game gives me pause as well but it looks fun so far.  That said I pre-ordered Fry Cry Primal because I love the Far Cry series and there is nothing out in February.

BDSooner72

I caved and pre-ordered. Downloading the 26gb beta so I can play it this weekend.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 26, 2016 @ 09:19:07 PM
I caved and pre-ordered. Downloading the 26gb beta so I can play it this weekend.

I considered pre-ordering from Amazon just to get the beta code and then cancelling the order.

BDSooner72

Go for it, maybe we can play some this weekend.

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on January 27, 2016 @ 10:23:20 AM
Go for it, maybe we can play some this weekend.

Did you order it from Amazon? If so, did you receive the beta code right away?

Jason

Brad Company

Very much like Destiny as a shared world shooter...kinda wish first person was at least an option.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on January 27, 2016 @ 02:06:41 PM
Did you order it from Amazon? If so, did you receive the beta code right away?

Pre-ordered from Sony, did not get a code, it let me download the demo right after purchase.