News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

E3 Thread: Rumors and twiddling thumbs until mid June

Started by BDSooner72, May 07, 2015 @ 08:55:45 PM

BDSooner72

Wow did you see that Fallout 4 Video?

I did, it was really good. Hyped for it to release

Sure fun to talk about video games.

Agreed.

Are you going to post the videos of the game here?

Why?

Good question.

Great Answer.

Even the Iphone game "Fallout Shelter" looked really cool.

We do not have an Iphone or even a phone that can play andriod games.

I know but there is a chance they might release it for the consoles down the line.

We can only hope.

Back to Fallout 4, how about the crafting system?

Quite possibly one of the most impressive things on display today.

Time to play some Elder Scrolls Online?

Yup, gotta craft a sword for my Nord.

Later me.

Later.

Jason

According to the chart you posted a lot of stuff is happening today, yet the official E3 web site says that everything started tomorrow (http://www.e3expo.com/takeover)? Am I reading the chart wrong?

Didn't one of the cable channels (Spike?) carry E3 last year? Does anyone know if that's happening again this year? It's was nice being able to DVR Sony and Microsoft's press conferences and watch them when I got home.

BDSooner72

Individual press conference (Microsoft, Ubi, EA and Sony) are today at the respective times listed in the chat.  Nintendo is on Tuesday. Games take up the rest of E3.

That would be correct, also you can stream the whole thing at youtube, IGN and other gaming sites.
https://www.youtube.com/e3?feature=etp-se-e3

Fantastic, we are just chalk full of information. Also Spike is not carrying E3 this year on TV.

Agreed we kinda rock.

BDSooner72

Jason

I was able to watch the Sony and Ubisoft press conferences and caught most of the EA one. Surprisingly enough, NBA Live was the only EA Sports game that impressed me. Need for Speed's graphics looked pretty amazing too.

As expected, EA showed PS4 gameplay from Star Wars Battlefront which was very impressive, but the Battlefront gameplay shown during Sony's press conference blew me away. It literally looked like you were watching real people. This game is by far my most-anticipated title right now.

Ubisoft had a good press conference. Their new IP For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands looked great although Rainbow Six Siege and The Division were a little disappointing. I had no interest in AC: Syndicate until I saw the gameplay video which surprisingly wasn't shown during the press conference.

I watched the Sony press conference with my son last night and they started with the impressive The Last Guardian, which is from Team Ico and looked great. I completed Ico on the PS2 and would definitely be interested in playing its spiritual sequel.

Next up was Guerilla Games new IP Horizon: Zero Dawn which was impressive, but the show-stealer was definitely Uncharted 4 which ended the press conference. After the initial controller issues during the show, Sony showed a 5-minute gameplay sequence that included gunfights, fighting and driving. I can honestly say it was the most impressive thing I've ever seen in a video game. The graphics and animations were incredible and even the NPCs seemed so realistic. It could have easily been mistaken for a CGI movie even though it was actual gameplay. Don't take my world for it though, here's the actual video:

http://youtu.be/zL46dpNEPPA

I was surprised there wasn't any info on Gran Turismo 7 or any additional gameplay footage of the new Ratchet & Clank game. There were also no Project Morpheus demos which means it may be further down the line than many expected.

I know it's a cliche thing to say, but I think we're finally starting to see what these consoles can do.

Jason

Jason

Here's the Battlefront gameplay Sony showed during their press conference:

http://youtu.be/KaXv6CY2oqY

Jason

Brad Company

Can't wait...will fill the bill nicely in place of CoD.