News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The Order: 1886

Started by Jason, March 16, 2015 @ 08:48:22 PM

Jason

Has anyone tried The Order? I'm actually really interested in buying it, but I don't want to pay full price for it and it's not because of the length of the game...I'm fine with an 8-hour game with no multi-player. I just know the price is going to drop drastically very soon because of the negative reviews and lower-than-expected sales, so I'm just going to wait semi-patiently until it happens.

BDSooner72

Same boat. Will wait until the price hits $29.99 or less, or maybe not at all. What gameplay I have seen did not really excite me.  It's a looker but I really hate action games with too much storytelling.

Jason

I'd be willing to pay $39.99 for it because it supposedly plays a lot like Gears of War.

Jason

Hate Best Buy, but Amazon will most likely drop their price to match it.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on March 20, 2015 @ 01:06:41 PM
Hate Best Buy, but Amazon will most likely drop their price to match it.

As predicted, Amazon dropped their price to $39.99 too.

Jason

My copy will arrive Monday.

Jason

Amazon surprised me with another Sunday delivery yesterday so I had a chance to play through the first 3 chapters of The Order last night. First of all, the graphics are amazing. The alternate London is so detailed and realistic looking. It really makes Los Santos from the PS4 version of GTA V look like a last-gen game.

The gameplay is definitely very similar to Gears of War, which is what I had heard and am very happy about. I'm a fan of the cover-and-shoot type gameplay. I've only faced two different types of enemies so far, so we'll see how the gameplay progresses as I complete more of the game.

There are a lot of cut scenes, but they do play an important part of progressing the story. From what I've seen so far I'd say there's more than the average game, but I wouldn't say it's so much that it takes you out of the game. Same goes for the QTE parts of the game, but only time will tell if my opinion on this changes the more I play. The ones I've played so far seemed to fit the game and didn't seem forced in.

BDSooner72

Sunday delivery? What type of sorcery is this? Did it come via a drone, too?

Jason

I get a lot of Sunday deliveries from Amazon including another PS4 game a month ago (not sure if it was Madden or NHL). It's not limited to Prime customers because my father has gotten packages on Sunday even though he's not a Prime member. Maybe it's limited to certain states, but Amazon made a deal with the USPS last year which included deliveries seven days a week.

Jason

Chapter 8 of 14. Still enjoying it. Hoping to complete it this weekend so my son can play it.

Jason

Chapter 11. I plan on finishing it tonight. I've put about 6.5 hours into it and probably have 2 more hours left. By no means do I feel it's a short game.

Jason

I beat it last night. It was actually 16 chapters and took me about 8.5 hours to beat. A majority of the reviewers were wrong about this game...it was one of the better games I've played and the complaints about the QTE's were overblown, and the ones in the game were well done. I'm looking forward to the sequel they were obviously planning on based on how the game ended.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Still too short for me. I will spend more than 8.5 hours in Borderlands 2/Pre Sequel just messing around with my inventory. I spent more than 8.5 hours in Destiny shooting at a cave.   ;D

Suffice it to say I am the one who needs help. Destiny is like crack and Borderlands is like black tar heroin.

Jason

I'm curious to see what my son thinks of it. I told him it's not non-stop action like COD and showed him one of the chapters while I was playing. He said he's looking forward to the story and slower pace.