News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The End of an Era

Started by Jason, March 24, 2014 @ 02:07:33 PM

Jason

My Xbox Live Gold subscription ran out today and I don't plan on renewing it since I don't play online anymore. The next time I play an online game, it will be on my PS4.

Brad Company

Maybe when the Show comes out, we can play some ball.

BDSooner72

It's like going back in time when I first joined here.  The Sony whore is back, baby!

Hopefully I will have a PS4 by the end of they year.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on March 24, 2014 @ 04:08:01 PM
Maybe when the Show comes out, we can play some ball.

I don't have PS Plus and probably won't buy it until I have my own PS4 console. Having said that, my son has it and I could always log into his account to try out The Show online.

Brad Company

Plus is totally worth it for the free games alone. Also,gobs of cloud storage.
I can't imagine having a Sony system without it now.

Ted

I'm in my last year of Live and will not be renewing at the end as well.

Brad Company

Remember,stuff like Netflix is all behind the paywall on Xbox.

Jason

I use my smart TV for those types of features. Luckily most TVs and blu-ray players support all the streaming services now. I never understood why Microsoft limited those features to Gold members only.

I plan on buying a PS+ membership once I have my own PS4. I just can't justify it now because I don't have unlimited access to my son's PS4.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on March 26, 2014 @ 09:46:02 AM
I use my smart TV for those types of features. Luckily most TVs and blu-ray players support all the streaming services now. I never understood why Microsoft limited those features to Gold members only.

I plan on buying a PS+ membership once I have my own PS4. I just can't justify it now because I don't have unlimited access to my son's PS4.

Well, you can get the free games now...you don't even have to finish downloading them. Start the download and they are forever marked "purchased". and can be downloaded later on, even after they are no longer in the free games section. Same with any Plus discounted stuff.

BDSooner72

To be fair the Xbox downloads (Games with Gold) are Free Games, like you actually own them, even if you decide to discontinue using XBL.  The PS4 games are Free Rentals for as long as you have the PSN membership. You stop the membership, those games become unplayable.

Jason

Are you sure about that with XBL? I just deleted Sleeping Dogs the other day because I assumed I wouldn't be able to play it anymore since I wasn't a gold member.

BDSooner72

BDSooner72

Tried posting a link but something seems broken and not letting me post it.

The games are yours to keep, just remember that like any other game once you decide to cancel XBL, you are no longer able to play online.

Jason

I don't give a shit about online gaming but being able to still play the games without a gold subscription is a big deal. If I had known that all along, I would have downloaded more games. Looks like I need to re-download Sleeping Dogs.