News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Titanfall

Started by Jason, March 11, 2014 @ 05:16:36 PM

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on March 16, 2014 @ 12:50:06 PM
How is it possible that you've never seen Blade Runner? It may not be the best movie ever made but it's still beautiful to look at over 30 years later. I'll have to send you a copy if it's not available on any of your streaming sites.

Lots of Sci-Fi movies I have never seen, just not my thing. 

Jason

Brad Company

Not really news,they just exercised their option for the sequel. What is very likely is that it will be on non-MS platforms,i.e. PS4.

Brad Company

Titanfall bundles now $449 from Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/21/another-price-cut-for-the-xbox-one/
Amazon matching as well.
Some folks are saying their TF bundles from Wal-Mart also have Forza codes. $450 with two games included gets mighty tempting.
What it says about the overall sales situation for MS is another thing entirely.

Brad Company

Jason

It almost makes me wish the PS4 was getting its ass kicked in sales so Sony would offer some deals.

BDSooner72

The March NPD's will be very interesting. If a supply constrained Sony can outsell the Xbox One and Titanfall... Sony fanboys will be impossible to deal with.  ;)  I still wish they sold a $399 system without Kinect. I have not used it once and leave it turned off all the time.

Brad Company

That's pretty much the assumption, and now PS4s are getting real easy to get in most of the US.
Now it looks like the 360 version of TF,which MS pretty much has tried to hide,looks and runs as good(or bad) as it does on the Bone.
Hilariously,even Amazon is now taking shots with the roll out of their streaming box.

Jason

I've been hearing good things about the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall. Most are saying it's not much of a graphical step-down from the Xbox One version and the gameplay is just as good. I wonder if Microsoft is happy about that.

BDSooner72

I would think they were really happy that the 360 developer, "Blueprint Games" did an amazing job on a system that old.

That said there are plenty of comparisons out there and in comparison to the PC/Xbox One version, it still looks washed out and the textures all look like the were smeared with Vaseline. The videos are even less helpful as the Titan fights lack a ton of things in the PC/Xbox One versions.

All I can say is you guys are missing out on a great game if you have not even tried the PC version.  Last check of my stats had me playing for 1 day and 20 hours.  Once I finish this post I plan to go play it some more.

BDSooner72

Actually it is 2 days and 10 hours, was a bit off and then added some more tonight.  Just got kill number 5,000.  Four hours were spent in the air. No camping here my friend.

Jason

I'm going to get Titanfall for my son on the XB360, so I'll end up trying it out. I'm kind of annoyed that the Xbox One version is only $45 on Amazon and the inferior Xbox 360 version is $60.

BDSooner72

Just bought the season pass.  ^-^

Jason

Complete graphics comparison video of Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC at IGN: Link