News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NHL13 GM Connected

Started by Ted, December 29, 2012, 11:15:42 PM

Ted

I'll tell him.  He doesn't seem to check in here.  He was over at my house this weekend and I advised him to wait on your games because my connection is always laggy.  You guys should have the best experience possible.  Nobody is waiting on these games so I can extend the time to sim.  If you need more days just keep me up to date.  I don't think Jason minds if this takes another week.  I personally do not.

webdanzer

Isles take command of the series with a pair of wins that saw the Pens drop two 2-0 leads to lose the games in OT and in the 3rd.

Series will not finish up until Wed night, most likely.

Ted

No hurry.  I'm extending through the weekend if that is what you guys need.

Jake says games have been very intense.

webdanzer

Yes, they've been great games, but I'm not quite sure if Jake is just toying with me until he needs to turn it on to win.  :-[ ;D   Last couple of games have me suspicious...

I'm also still fairly sure that playing position-locked is at least a minor disadvantage, so I'm thinking the games wouldn't have been as close if he didn't spot me a little in that regard.

Having great fun, though, win or lose!  Nothing beats good games against humans!  Glad you guys invited me in.

webdanzer

In a shocking development, the Penguins took the last two games to beat the Isles for the Eastern Conference Championship.

Game 6 was ominous for me in that I jumped out to the same 2-0 lead that I did in the last two games, which I later blew.  Sure enough, when Jake scored to bring it to 2-1, I figured we were traveling along the same path, but I somehow managed to hold on and bring it home for a game 7.

That game was a tightly fought game tied 1-1 in regulation, which Malkin finally won in 2ot with a loose rebound putback.  I was physically tired by the end of that one.  My hands hurt for how tightly I had been clutching the controller for 7+ periods.

I LOVED playing with Jake.  Games were great, and well-fought.  Once again I felt I was the inferior player in both stick-handling and skating, but was able to still somehow win one more game.  I'm the worse player lucking out with ugly wins all the time in this game.  Sooner or later that luck will run out.

Anyway, please advance the league so I can play the finals.  I feel a tremendous amount of pressure to prevail to make all that sweat Jake and I expended worth a cup for one of us, but the CPU can easily take me out on this level, so we'll see what happens.

If you are reading, awesome series, Jake.  Hoping for more matchups next year!!!

Ted

Jake's quote "It was a hell of a series, though.  Crazy how close it was.  The ups and downs too."
I listened to the stories from both sides without commenting too much because I was afraid to give either side a confidence advantage, but I will say now that Jake said he was never toying with you.  He gave it everything he had from the opening whistle.  He tried some different things with success, but in the end came up just short.  He really like playing against you.

I'll advance the league today.  Good luck in the finals, Web!

webdanzer

Detroit beats the Penguins 4-1 in the finals.  Not really close, unfortunately.

Go ahead and advance to the off-season when ready.

Thanks!

Ted

I'll advance on Monday sometime.  Wouldn't have been surprised if you had won, but I know how tough the post season is on superstar.  It definitely gets kicked up a notch.

Ted

Set your draft priorities tonight.  League will advance after midnight eastern.

webdanzer

Crap, did you end up advancing thru the draft?

If not, could you hold off until after midnight eastern tonight?  Didn't see this or get set yesterday.

Ted

I'm sorry, Web.  I did it late last night.   :(

Today is the resign of your existing players day.  The league will advance again tonight to the free agent phase for tomorrow.

Ted

Didn't realize that it only advances one day at a time and there are 4 or 5 days of re-sign.  Did 2 last night.  Will attempt to do the rest tonight.  The offseason advance process takes a long time for each day so there might be some delays.

Ted

Re-sign phase is over.  Free agency has begun.  I don't know at this point how many days will advance each session, but plan for an advance each night until we are through it.

webdanzer

Ted

Advanced.  Looks like some big signings on the first day within the division.  The next cycle shows July 2-15 so it's a two week.  I'll advance that Friday after midnite eastern.  I'm out of town Saturday and won't be back until Sunday night so don't expect the third advance until after midnite eastern on Sunday.