News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Forza Horizon Info

Started by Jason, October 01, 2012 @ 03:25:07 PM

Brad Company

Also got one of those MS wireless speed wheels for less than 20 bucks.
Those things are a BLAST. I'm already better at F1 using it.

Jason

I always wondered if these wheels were good or not. My biggest concern is trying to hold the thing steady since it's not mounted to anything.

GB_Simo

They're fabulous for steering, accelerating and braking, since the triggers have a longer throw and you can be much, much more precise with turning input than I'd ever expected.  If you play with manual gears, though, the absence of LB and RB from the wheel means that more often than not, you don't actually have enough buttons available to carry out all of the game's functions.  Physically, they're no more of a problem than using a wheel attachment for Mario Kart Wii or something like that - your forearms and shoulders might ache a little after a while, depending on how you're sat, but they're alright.

Having said that, the whole button issue made me return mine the same day I bought it...
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Brad Company

I always run manual tranny but no clutch. Bumper buttons have only been missed in the Forza menus and tuning screens.
Best to keep a controller on hand for that. If you have a dedicated wheel setup, that is obviously better, but the thing kills the gamepad.

On the subject of the game, it is worse than I imagined. Good for maybe a casual drive, but the atmosphere, lack of any damage, and rampant misogyny kind of spoil the fun.

GB_Simo

Quote from: Brad Company on December 16, 2012 @ 05:52:30 PM
I always run manual tranny but no clutch. Bumper buttons have only been missed in the Forza menus and tuning screens.

It's an impossibility to have every control available in the F1 games when you're using it, though.  I should really have been clearer on what I was referring to.  I can't for the life of me remember ever using it with a Forza game - I must have done, because Forza 4 was the game I bought it with and I do remember not being able to access some of the menus, but as far as the game goes...pass.

Which is pretty much how I ended up feeling about Horizon.  I did own it and I'm sure I enjoyed it, but I can't actually recall the specifics of it.  It's perfectly pleasant, a very solid game, but it lacks...I don't know, soul?
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com