News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Forza Horizon Info

Started by Jason, October 01, 2012 @ 03:25:07 PM

Jason

Demo arrives next week (10/9/2012).

Brad Company

Watching the launch trailer I suddenly feel old. Hot chicks+music festival+hipster soundtrack=no sale.
That, and the $50 season pass for car packs.

Jason

I'm interested in trying out the demo because I'm still not sure what type of game this is. Is it just an open world game where you drive around and look for races? It's also not being developed by Turn 10 Studios (Playground Games is developing it), so I'm interested in seeing the quality of the game. If I do like the game, hopefully there's a way to turn off the hipster soundtrack.

Jason

Downloaded the demo this morning and played it quickly. First thought is that it reminds me of Dirt 2 presentation-wise - the menus, locations and voice-overs are almost identical. I'll try it some more, but I'm wasn't too impressed and don't have a strong desire to play it again. The graphics seem nice, but the tracks/roads seem kinda boring. I may skip this one and get NFS: Most Wanted instead. At least NFS has more diverse locations.

Jason

I played the demo some more last night and while I did enjoy it more than I expected, it's by no means a first-day purchase. I could see myself picking it up in a few months when the price drops, but no way am I paying full price for it, especially since Amazon is not offering any $10 or $15 credits on pre-orders. It's not that there's anything wrong with the game - there isn't - it just doesn't hold my interest, and while the Colorado scenery is very well done, it gets a little boring when that's all you see.

Jason

Shocking news...I'm reconsidering my decision not to buy it when it's released.

Jason

I resisted the temptation to order it for a release-day delivery and will try to hold out for a sale.

webdanzer

BestBuy has buy2 get 1 this week, so I may use that to grab this with a couple of other games I was considering.

Not sure yet, though.

webdanzer

I picked it up and am really, really enjoying it.

Jason

Target is also going to have a buy two get one free deal this week, so I'm debating whether to hold off for that or just get it from Amazon since I have a $65 balance on a gift card there. I also have a feeling that Amazon is going to drop the price now that it's out.

Jason

I decided to pick up a copy of Forza Horizon during my absence from the Internet and have been really enjoying it during the past week. I've completed all the wristband and money races, won the championship, traveled all 216 roads and found 70 of the 100 discount billboards. It's definitely more of an arcade racer than previous Forza games, but damn is it a lot of fun. Now that I have my fleet of upgraded sports cars, I enjoy just cruising around and looking for random street races or just taking in the scenery.

Brad Company

Jason

Amazon had it for $15 last night as a Lightning Deal and it was gone in minutes. I'd highly recommend buying it...especially for $15.

Brad Company

Yeah, I jumped on it and got the DLC for 200 points

Jason

This will go down as one of the best video game deals of all-time. Not just because of how good the game is and cheap the price was, but mostly because of the timing - the game came out less than a month ago.