News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NBA 2K13 Info

Started by Jason, August 10, 2012 @ 11:59:08 AM

Jason

Jason

So let me get this straight, NBA 2K13 is switching to the same ball-control mechanics that NBA Live first used in 2003? Don't get me wrong, I always preferred Live's method of ball-control on the right-stick and think it was the right move for NBA 2K13 to make, but to make this sound like some new gameplay enhancement is a little pathetic.

Update: You can still shoot the ball with the right stick by holding down the left-trigger. I'm glad they kept this in as I enjoy right-stick shooting much more than pushing a button. Nice to see real-time physics added for collisions too.

BDSooner72

There was a control scheme in last years and previous years 2K games where you could switch to having the R-Stick control dribble moves. Which makes calling it a new gameplay enhancement even more laughable. I am guessing they are just making it more advanced and closer to what NBA Live/NCAA BB offered.  Never cared for the shot stick and I really hated it when EA had the two buttons (shoot-dunk/layup).

Jason

Quote from: Brent on August 10, 2012 @ 04:11:40 PM
There was a control scheme in last years and previous years 2K games where you could switch to having the R-Stick control dribble moves. Which makes calling it a new gameplay enhancement even more laughable. I am guessing they are just making it more advanced and closer to what NBA Live/NCAA BB offered.  Never cared for the shot stick and I really hated it when EA had the two buttons (shoot-dunk/layup).

Thanks for that info - I played NBA 2K12 last night with the alternative control scheme and liked it. It should also help get me ready for 2K13.

Jason

This game went from not being on my radar to becoming one of my most anticipated games.

BDSooner72

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/07/nba-2k13-has-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink

Hands on

I know a lot of people at OS will be digging this...

Visual Concepts spent perhaps the most amount of time during my demo showing me their craziest feature yet: the Shoe Creator. Yes, they've had a basic version of this before, but the ends of the earth they've gone to on this smack of a studio that clearly has no competition to worry about and is free to pursue flights of fancy like this (again, I mean that in a nice way!). 2K13's Shoe Creator is, essentially, the virtual shoe equivalent of Forza Motorsport 4's livery system. Except in that game, you can't click a button when you're done and order the car you just designed, complete with that custom paint job.

Yes, you can build your own kicks using different materials, colors, patterns, and more. Dozens of layers (45 of them, to be exact) let you highlight every detail you like. You can then upload those to the web, where other users can rate them. Want to go a step farther? Get this: the game syncs with the NikeID website and you can actually have your virtual shoe made real and shipped to your door. Perhaps Visual Concepts will let us try out that particular feature next time...

Jason

BDSooner72

now to truly appease the OS crowd. NBA 2K14

A Sock Creator!   ;D

* PS you really need to cut the posting time from 60 seconds to like 15 seconds.  When I get to posting a few news bits it can be annoying.

Jason

Quote from: Brent on September 07, 2012 @ 05:34:36 PM
* PS you really need to cut the posting time from 60 seconds to like 15 seconds.  When I get to posting a few news bits it can be annoying.

Done.

BDSooner72

Jason

I pre-ordered my copy today with my $15 credit from NHL 13.

Jason

Demo arrives next Tuesday (9/25).

Jason

Can't wait to try the demo to decide if I should trade-in 2K12 for $20 at Amazon.

BDSooner72

NBA BB just does nothing for me anymore, I finally decided to stick with NCAA Basketball 10 and cancel my 2k13 preorder. 

Edit: Stupid NCAA BB game started freezing again. Guess I might have to go with NBA 2K13. Damn you EA.