News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Minecraft + Trails Evolution =

Started by BDSooner72, May 10, 2012 @ 07:14:55 PM

BDSooner72

XBLA on a tear. Back to back day one best selling games in just a few weeks.  Throw in Fez, not something I was interested in but selling quite well and scoring quite nicely in review department.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/10/minecraft-on-xbox-360-profitable-in-an-hour/

New to Minecraft but just playing the tutorial level I know that I am in love with this game. I foresee untold hours being dropped in this one.

Ted

Minecraft is just great to get lost in. 

BDSooner72

Agreed, I felt that way just going through the tutorials.  Now I am in my own little world and playing on the peaceful level so I can make the mansion I have always wanted. I will crank it up to allow monsters in the game but right now I am just enjoy the game in it's simplest form.

Jason,

This should be a game to at least download the demo. You can play up to 4 player local co-op so everyone can play.

Jason

I don't know anything about this game yet I keep hearing about it all the time. I guess I'll have to check it out.

BDSooner72

Whew I am spending way too much time with Minecraft. I have two new games I have not touched because I can't stop building things and mining. I want updates, texture packs and the creative mode. I need more things to build with (all are eventually coming in future updates).

Ted

Does XBLA minecraft have the survival mode and if so does it have hardcore survival mode?

BDSooner72

Quote from: Ted on May 22, 2012 @ 07:01:47 PM
Does XBLA minecraft have the survival mode and if so does it have hardcore survival mode?

Survival mode is all we have right now (difficulty up to hard).  Read about Hardcore Survival mode and that would just force me to build a house and never leave. I hate Creepers, tearing up all my hard work, so I stick to peaceful (closest thing we have to Creative mode) and sneak in on Easy to get string from Spiders.

Basically the 360 version is at the PC version 1.6.6.  The next update will bump the 360 version to Beta 1.7.3.   Hardcore mode came in during Beta 1.9.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Beta

Ted

Nice work.  You put some thought into that.

BDSooner72

Thanks,

I am going to start working with Wool.  I had no clue it could be used to build things with, as far as structure.  Plan to throw some carpet down using red dyed wool.  Then I am going  to make the ultimate tree house from this location, to a tree house on deserted snow island.   Quite a distance between the two areas, including going over water.  Plan to make a walkway or minecart track between the two using only glass.

I prefer not having the Creative mode because I do enjoy mining for the essentials.  Still have yet to find any clay or a treasure chest/dungeon but I have plenty of island to search still.

Ted

And is the XBLA version multiplayer as well so you can have friends work on your world?

BDSooner72

Quote from: Ted on May 23, 2012 @ 11:39:49 AM
And is the XBLA version multiplayer as well so you can have friends work on your world?

Every time you start a game you can choose to play online or offline. If you choose online and you have friends playing online they can come into your world (you also have the option of invite only). Up to 8 people online.

Finally found my first dungeon/treasure chests last night. Got some much needed cocoa beans, string and gunpowder.

BDSooner72

Well that was a waste of 10 hours. Lost my stinking map and got lost. Walked around for an hour and could not find my place.  Should have looked at the map to see where my house was so I could use the Sun to find my way back.  :'(

I like the new map I started a bit more. Have some nice mountains to make a cave mansion.  :D

BDSooner72

New house, at least 5 times the size of the last one.  Takes 20 seconds to walk from one and to the other, so many bricks used that I am now in the top 20,000 in mining.   :))  Hate using all the torches for lighting but I have yet to work on making a portal so I can replace them with glowstones.

The workspace, lots of furnaces for all the glass and stone.

TV is still in the works, can't find any black sheep or squid.

I built in a weird place. Majority of the land is snow but I get rain on one end.

Can't have a house this size without a pool.  ;)

Jason

How do you get all the pics of your work? Is there an option in the game to upload them somewhere?

BDSooner72

You upload photos to Facebook from in-game. I just copied the links from the Facebook images.