News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu
B

Tiger Woods 13 Demo Available

Started by BDSooner72, March 06, 2012 @ 06:01:22 PM

BDSooner72

Jason

Have you tried it yet? I'll probably download it tomorrow.

BDSooner72

The putting system in this game is awful.  You have to play it to see what I am saying.   Everything else is fine but the putting...   :'(

Brad Company

Did they change it from past iterations?

BDSooner72

It is definitely not something I have putted with in a TW game. They are using a tempo setup that is somthing you just have to try to understand the awfulness of it.  They also removed green speeds and they basically setup every shot for you, even with the caddy disabled. They select the proper club for you when you are in a hazard. It is no longer golf, it is a game of darts. The new swing setup is far too easy and the removed the random landing area so even on the Tourney level it is hard to miss a fairway.

Great for a casual golfer, though I do not see many liking the putting in the game.

Jason

BDSooner72

I had considered un-reserving it but I only get one Golf game a year.  They have said that there is a bug in the putting that might be causing the problems in the demo. Personally I think the are covering their asses and realize that a large group of their users are disliking it.   I might just have to play the game with house rules, as much as I hate to do that.

Brad Company

I can't believe they'd F with it so much...TW12 sold well. Maybe TW11 was the best of the last few.

BDSooner72

11 was easily the best with the lack of a caddy. I am going to give it the old college try but if does not pan out I may end up going back to 11.

Brad Company

Well, if you do, I have '11 and it came with an online pass.

BDSooner72

I will keep that in mind.  They are taking a lot of grief on the official forums in regards to the terrible putting swing and how everything is setup too easy. I just wish they would leave the precision putter in and I could live with the rest of it.

BDSooner72

Not only am I buying it, I bought that EA Season Pass which I promised I would not buy.  It is actually worth it so far since I am getting to play it early and with the pass you get a more advanced set of clubs so you are not driving it 225 yards with your new character. Putting is something I am still getting used to but it is not as bad as when I first tried it. What I am really loving is the Tiger Legacy. I think it is a great idea and will be the first time in years I have actually played one of these modes.

Jason

IGN has just posted their review:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 knows what makes it great, and the Total Swing System is an authentic, excellent improvement. The meaningful new controls enable players to feel great about their skill while holding them accountable for their faults. Beyond that, Tiger 13 struggles to succeed. Its most substantial new mode, Tiger Legacy Challenge, is a dull waste, and making the most of the in-game economy is difficult without hardcore dedication to an online Country Club.

Score: 6.5

Full Review

BDSooner72

Guy seems really angry. While I agree there can be frustration,  IGN has been throwing out a bunch of low scores lately that seem a bit off. Maybe they are no longer getting those moneyhats.  ;D

Plenty of good reviews out there. IGN being at the bottom.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13/critic-reviews

webdanzer

I'm currently renting, with it turning into a likely buy.

I personally find it more challenging than last year's version while still being fun, so that is a plus.

Some weird glitches and it's lacking in presentation compared to last year, though.