News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

UFC Undisputed 3

Started by Ted, January 23, 2012 @ 01:58:27 AM

Ted

http://www.gameshark.com/previews/3533/p_10/UFC-Undisputed-3-Preview.htm

Hadn't heard of this until now and release is right around the corner.  I didn't like the second one, but loved the first.  The preview is making me want to jump back in.

Jason

I think the demo lands tomorrow. I'll probably check it out too.

Jason

Jason

Ted

Again forgot about this one.  Is IGN one of those places that gives out 9's to a lot of stuff?  I'm glad to see it get a good review.  Hope it's for real.

Jason

I downloaded the demo when it came out and haven't even tried it. I'll probably see what people are saying after it's been out for a weeks and then hopefully get it on sale.

Ted

I'll probably wait for a sale myself.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on February 09, 2012 @ 11:26:07 PM
I'll probably wait for a sale myself.

Amazon is selling the XB360 version for $39 right now - I'm very tempted to buy it.

Jason

Finally tried out the demo and enjoyed it. Decisions, decisions...

webdanzer

I also grabbed this one after a rental.  Like Ted, I liked the first game and didn't like what I saw of the second, (though to be fair, wasn't much).

I'm enjoying the heck out of this one, even though I'm still not very good.  If anyone else grabs it, I'd be happy to try a couple of matches online.

Jason

Amazon raised the price on UFC 3 before I was able to buy it, but I'm expecting another price drop after hearing about the poor sales of this year's game.

Ted

I picked up a copy and did about 10 exhibitions last night.  Liking it alot so far.

webdanzer

I like it a lot too, but I absolutely stink at grappling.  Are you aware of any online guides/hints, Ted?

Jason

I knew I should have picked it up when it was on sale. Hopefully it goes on sale again soon.

Ted

Quote from: webdanzer on March 16, 2012 @ 01:06:34 PM
I like it a lot too, but I absolutely stink at grappling.  Are you aware of any online guides/hints, Ted?

I'm not aware of any hint guides, but I find the grappling pretty much the same as UFC 2009, with the exception that it seems the game takes that part and slows the tempo down more and the AI is better at countering/preventing you from transitioning.  On the other hand it seems you can do more damage punching and elbowing now even when not in full mount.  Also, the ability to use the cage defensively is a big advancement imo.  I'm still only playing exhibitions, but I really like how just one good punch can turn the tables or end the fight at any time and in any state.  It really rewards setting up combos and patience looking for openings.  Oh and I think the AI is more aggressive going for submissions than in the past which I like too.

Edit:  None of that is to say I'm good at grappling.  I'm not.