News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available

Started by Jason, December 21, 2011 @ 11:39:42 AM

Jason

You have to enter your online code from the Xbox Dashboard.

Not sure if I want to play you since I struggled on amateur during my first game.

BDSooner72

Get some practice in, I doubt I will be playing much of the game and then we can try online out.

Jason

I don't feel so bad struggling on Amateur now that I realized there's a lower difficulty setting (Rookie). I thought I was on the lowest setting.

BTW, I'm really enjoying this game in spite of all the negative reviews. I love the analog swing controls and maybe I'm just a fan of a more arcade-type tennis game.

Brad Company

The original Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast is still my favorite.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on February 28, 2012 @ 03:51:11 PM
The original Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast is still my favorite.

This game plays a lot like Virtua Tennis with the addition analog controls. I still have my copy of Sega Sports Tennis for the PS2.

I really like how having your feet planted makes a big difference in your shot strength and accuracy. I was also completely wrong in my earlier comment about timing not mattering, because it does. You can swing the racquet in any direction you want, but it you feet aren't plated and your timing is off, don't count on the ball going where you wanted it to go.

BDSooner72

Just let me know when you want to play a match online.  ;)

Jason

Quote from: Brent on February 29, 2012 @ 04:59:09 AM
Just let me know when you want to play a match online.  ;)

You just can't wait to kick my ass in this game.

BDSooner72

I will enjoy the thrashing. I promise that outside of day one, I will not touch the game until you are ready. You can even pick who I will play as.

Jason

Just completed Tennis School and I'm finally starting to get the hang of this game. I'm really surprised that it wasn't better received because I'm really starting to enjoy it now that I feel comfortable with the controls.

BDSooner72

Like I said above.  The career mode sucks. If you mostly play offline this is a big negative. IGN giving this game an 8.5 was pretty much saying, "Yeah thanks for the large advertising check EA."

Seriously, if you lose a game in the first year of your career you should just retire from gaming and admit that you are the father of Snookis baby.  ;)