News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Xbox Series X/S

Started by Jason, December 13, 2019 @ 09:56:26 PM

Jason

Quote from: Ted on May 05, 2022 @ 07:09:19 PMI'm up for that.  Also, Wreckfest?

Sure, I can download that again. I just read that they put out a 4k/60fps update for the Series X in March.

Ted

I liked both Wreckfest and F1-21.  I think the update for Wreckfest you have to pay $10 for.  The gamepass version looks fine to me so I'm good with whatever version that is.

Jason

I was a little off on that update. It came out in March 2021 and optimized the Xbox One version to run at 4K/60fps when played on the Series X and 4K/30fps on the Series S, although I don't know why they didn't just make the Series S update 1080 or 1440 at 60fps.

They do have an next-gen upgrade for $10 that apparently offers better textures and also runs at 4K/60fps, but like you, I'm fine with the free version included with Game Pass which also runs at 4K/60fps on the Series X. The whole thing is more confusing than it needs to be. Either way, it should be fun smashing cars next week.

Ted

Been playing a tiny bit of NHL and  a lot of Madden yesterday.  Just running franchise and advancing through weeks until the playoffs and then just play key moments.

Took the reigns of the Seahawks on Pro difficulty.

Won the superbowl 1st year and raised the diff to all pro.

Made the playoffs as wildcard second year, but accidentally simmed through that game and lost.  Pete Carroll retired so I had to find a new coach and took that opportunity to match my players scheme strengths with a coach who preferred those strengths.  Ended up with Stefanski who got fired by Cleveland.  Fired my O&D coordinators to match up with his preferences and then had to find playbooks that matched with them as well so now I'm a vertical power run offense and a base 3-4 defense which is Detroit offense playbook and Rams defense.

Missed playoffs in Season 3 @ 9-8.  Had to franchise tag Russell Wilson, but everyone else re-signed so will find out if this off/def is really gonna work out, otherwise it's rebuild time.

Pretty fun, but man could this game use some serious menu streamlining for franchise tasks.  It's annoying as hell.

We should play Madden too if you have it

Played more F1 and been working my way through the F2 season either winning or losing horribly on the current difficulty whatever that is.

Jason

I'll see if I can free up some room to download Madden too. I have F1 and Wreckfest installed already.

I'm available Wednesday and Friday after 10pm ET if either of those days/times work for you.

Ted

Wednesday are tough because that's our usual date night.

Fridays typically work.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on May 10, 2022 @ 08:45:05 PMWednesday are tough because that's our usual date night.

Fridays typically work.
No problem.

Jason

I finally got around to trying Xbox Remote Play on my phone and was very impressed with how well it looked and played. I was easily able to pair my Xbox controller to my phone and was very surprised that the console stays in sleep mode while playing it remotely.

I then tried it on my Chromebook to take advantage of the bigger screen. While the controller paired easily, most of the buttons did not work. The nice thing about the Xbox controller is that you can jut double-click the Connect button to switch the Bluetooth pairing back to the previous device.

Jason

My older son just upgraded to a Series X. Target is offering 20% off for college students, so he was able to get one for $399. We now have two Series X's and S's in my house, but we still can't find a PS5.

Brad Company

The S lokks like it may get a price cut soon. I may just impulse buy that shit as a Halo box.

Jason

Speaking of the Series S, does anyone have recommendations for selling consoles? My older son wants to sell his S now that he has an X and we're trying to figure out the best way to do it. I've never sold anything on eBay and would prefer to sell locally so the buyer can pay with cash and no shipping would be involved.

Brad Company

FB marketplace, if not, maybe a non-Gamestop games store.

Jason

I haven't been on FB since 2016, but my wife still is and has sold some things through their marketplace, so I may give that a try.

Brad Company

Sell it through her account if she has good rating. You can vett a buyer and meet on your terms. I'd think about taking Paypal or Venmo, as well.

Brad Company

Welp, I just ordered a Series S, should be here Tuesday.