News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 05, 2022 @ 08:47:10 AMAdded an SSD to the expansion bay in the PS5, a Samsung 980 Pro w/ heatsink. It is really easy, takes about 10 minutes and requires a screwdriver. Also running a Samsung T7 as an external, PS4 game loading times are comically short.
I just ordered the Samsung T7 for my Series S. Transferring games back and forth with my current drive is slower than just downloading them again.

Brad Company

The curse of having great home internet.

Jason

Sony Direct is supposed to have another PS5 drop today between 2pm and 7pm. Fingers crossed they pick my email address this time.

Brad Company

Did you get an invite?

Jason

Jason

Jason

People have reportedly gotten the emails and successfully ordered consoles already today so I guess Sony doesn't want my money too.

Jason

Target is supposed to have a PS5 drop on Thursday.

Jason

Another Playstation Direct drop today between 2pm - 7pm ET. Fingers crossed....

Jason

What annoys me is that some people have received this invitation more than once. Sony should not send emails to the same people, whether they bought a PS5 or not, until everyone has received the email at least once.

Brad Company

Yeah, that sucks. I didnt know that was a thing.

Jason

PS5 Digital will go up on Amazon at 8 AM PT on March 30th. Let's see how this goes...

Jason

Had it in my cart but couldn't complete checkout.

Brad Company

VRR is live, got it working today. Destiny 2 and CoD Vanguard ran beautifully, the lack of local dimming isn't the dealbreaker I thought it might be. Going to test other supported titles. Unsupported games, I may switch it off, not sure yet.

Jason

I'm in the same boat as you with my 900H and the lack of LD with VRR. Not sure if you updated your 900J to the latest firmware released yesterday (https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xr-65x90j/downloads), but it appears that Sony merged the J and K firmware, which is good news for you. You'll now get every update their 2022 K series gets.