News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Jason

Wow, Sony's not wasting any time getting those out the door. Would love to hear some impressions.

Brad Company

The setup couldn't be easier, It instantly recognized my external HDD I had been using with my Pro, and knows to d/l any PS4 stuff there. You can use DS4s for them.
I downloaded the games that have PS5 versions that I have, they go on the SSD automatically. Downloads and installs are blinding fast.
It is nice to have a console that doesn't sound like a hair dryer-  this thing is whisper quiet.
Of course, I had to try Division 2 :) it is really like a new game, with better resolution, lighting,  and frame rate.

Jason

How's the Dual Sense 5? I really like the DS4 and wonder if I'll like the DS5 as much.

Brad Company

I really like it, I need to get some kontrol freaks for it. What it really needs is a back button attachment, I'm a complete convert to that thing.
I don't have any discomfort with it, I think people with huge hands do.
The haptic stuff is well implemented so far as I've seen with CoD.

Jason

There's supposed to be a bunch of PS5 drops tomorrow. Hoping I can finally get one.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

No luck getting a PS5 today.

Jason

PS5 Disc console available for store pickup at my local Target. I'm holding out for the digital version which should hopefully be available at some point today too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jason

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves coming out next month, but the best part is that it's only a $10 upgrade for people who own the PS4 games: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/07/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection-details-on-the-remastered-bundle/

Brad Company

Probably could have been a patch, but everything is now $10.

Brad Company

Added an SSD to the expansion bay in the PS5, a Samsung 980 Pro w/ heatsink. It is really easy, takes about 10 minutes and requires a screwdriver. Also running a Samsung T7 as an external, PS4 game loading times are comically short.

Jason

I've had the Samsung T7 in my Amazon shopping cart since November when it was $149. It's still a great deal at the current $159 price. You've got a bad-ass PS5 setup now.

Brad Company

I spent as much on SSDs as I did the console itself ;D

Jason

Now that my expenses from January are under control I'm in serious pursuit of a PS5. I bought Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart while it was on sale this week since it's the one game my younger son really wants to play. Now I just need to buy a PS5 so he can actually play it.

Brad Company

You'll really like it, it makes PS4 seem quaint.