News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

PS5 Info

Started by Jason, January 07, 2020 @ 11:31:19 AM

Jason

PS5 Showcase Event Confirmed for This Wednesday at 1pm PDT/4pm EDT.

Brad Company

Forecast for production this year cut by 4 million.

Jason

Jason

It's official. The PS5 is launching on 11/12 for $499 for the standard PS5 and $399 for digital version. I think those are the prices everyone was expecting and hoping for. $399 for the digital version is a pretty good deal.

Jason

Sony released a FAQ for PS5 backward compatibility and it's better than I expected: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/backward-compatibility?language=en_US&lan=

BDSooner72

Good for me as I have missed out on a bunch of PS4 games since not having a PS4 for a few years. If I end up with one it is nice to know almost all PS4 games will be available.

Jason

I've been starting to get interested in the PS5, but not for the new games. Now that they've worked out a lot of the compatibility issues, I'm looking forward to playing my PS4 games in a higher resolution with improved frame rates. PS4 games like Days Gone, Ghost Tsushima and MLB The Show 20 are like completely new games on the PS5. Having said that, I still don't see myself buying one before the fall...assuming I could even find one.

Brad Company

Therein lies the rub. They are almost impossible to find and will be for months to come. I won't pay over face value for one, and will only buy from a reputable retailer. If that opportunity arises, I will jump on it.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on January 21, 2021 @ 01:08:14 PM
Therein lies the rub. They are almost impossible to find and will be for months to come. I won't pay over face value for one, and will only buy from a reputable retailer.

Same here. I read stories about people buying from scalpers and cringe. I'm so picky about who I buy from online when it's not an expensive item. I've never even bought or sold an item on Ebay.

BDSooner72

Quote from: Jason on January 21, 2021 @ 01:49:58 PM
Same here. I read stories about people buying from scalpers and cringe. I so picky about who I buy from online when it's not an expensive item. I've never even bought or sold an item on Ebay.

Scalpers are bad enough. People scalping consoles and only sending you the box are just evil.  Ebay just as bad because they are just now trying to put a halt to "box selling."

https://gamingintel.com/empty-ps5-boxes-on-ebay/

Jason

That's some shady shit there. That kind of stuff has been going on for a long time on Ebay, but I think there's more protections against those types of scams now. My wife wonders why I hate most people.

Jason

It's about time they released different color controllers. Now if they could only produce more consoles.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

I like the red one.

Jason

Last of Us Part 2 PS5 update now available: https://www.ign.com/articles/last-of-us-2-ps5-patch-60-fps

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Amazon had the digital in stock this morning but every time I tried adding it to my cart it would say my cart is empty.

[attachment deleted by admin]