News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Assetto Corsa

Started by Jason, September 28, 2017 @ 09:49:45 AM

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on October 12, 2017 @ 05:39:54 PM
Good to hear, I'll grab the cheapest one at some point, although holding out for '17 might be the best play.

I can confidently recommend F1 2017 over 2015 & 2016 after some first-hand experience with the game. Thea graphics are much improved with a better frame rate and no screen tearing that I've noticed so far. HDR is just the icing on the cake.

I finally tried out some of the classic cars (12 total) tonight and it's a blast playing with cars from different eras. Not only do they look different, but they all sound and differently too. Hopefully, there will be some deals on the game around the holidays.

Brad Company

Obligatory "Is this game any good, it's on a real good sale right now" post.

Jason

Yeah, I'd recommend this one too. I had to mess with the steering settings though as the default settings were a little to loose for my liking. It will take some getting used to if you've played a lot of GT Sport.

Brad Company

Grabbed this...post those controller settings sometime.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 05, 2018 @ 06:57:30 PM
Grabbed this...post those controller settings sometime.

Vibration Intensity: 80
Speed Sensitivity: 85
Steering Speed: 20
Steering Deadzone: 10
Steering Filter: 85
Steering Gamma: 3.0
Increasing the speed sensitivity and steering filter help a lot with the "racing on ice" feeling of the default settings.

Brad Company

Plugged those in, feels about right. The game will punish your mistakes, but the feel and sound of the cars is tight.

Jason

Yes, I'm resurrecting a 3-year old thread about Assetto Corsa. I saw that the season pass and Ultimate Edition were now on sale on the PS Store, so I started my copy to see how I felt about it after all this time. I had remembered hating the way it handled with the default settings and even though I found some settings that had worked better for me, I was never really satisfied with the handling model. I don't usually like adjusting the advanced settings too much since it can lead you down a never-ending rabbit hole.

Last night I decided to revert back to the default settings, and to my surprise...they still sucked, so I turned off the game after messing around with the advanced steering settings for a little while and decided to play Project Cars 2 instead. Unlike Project Cars 1, I was happy with the default steering settings in Project Cars 2 and never touched them, but I did decide to take a look at them last night just to see what was offered.

I noticed that it had a "Steering Speed" setting just like Assetto Corsa, which was set at 95 (default value). The default value for that settings in Assetto Corsa was 20, so I decided to switch back to it and increase it to 95 in there too. It was the only change I made in the settings, and to my surprise again...it was incredible. The game played so much better with that one simple change and changed my outlook completely on the game. I've been playing all day now and I'm contemplating getting either the season pass for 6 or the Ultimate Edition for $11.

It's a shame there's no way to gift games on PSN because it would be great if I could give one you guys my digital copy of Assetto Corsa standard if I decide to buy the Ultimate Edition. On the other hand, the Ultimate Edition is on sale for only $11 right now if anyone is interested.

Jason

Assetto Corsa Competizione comes out a week from today. If the digital version is $40 like the physical version is on Amazon, I'll buy it on release.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on June 16, 2020 @ 03:28:55 PM
Assetto Corsa Competizione comes out a week from today. If the digital version is $40 like the physical version is on Amazon, I'll buy it on release.

The digital pre-order is showing as $40 for Xbox One, so it should be the same for PS4.

Jason

I was debating on whether I should get Assetto Corsa Competizione once it was released, but I couldn't help myself once I saw this version was built using the Unreal 4 engine. I bought it at midnight last night and haven't played it much, but the graphics are much improved and the driving model out of the box is great. I decided to plug in my settings from the original and it drives even better now.

I haven't had a chance to try it out with a wheel since I have an 85-year-old, Italian-only speaking guy in my living room who likes to fart constantly.

Jason

Very disappointed that the jump to Unreal 4 caused them to have the game run at 30fps, even on the Pro and Xbox One X.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Kind of a dealbreaker if you ask me.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 26, 2020 @ 03:43:25 PM
Kind of a dealbreaker if you ask me.

I probably would have held off if I knew ahead of time. I was never a big 30/60 fps person until I started spending a lot of time racing with the first Assetto Corsa, GT Sport and Project Cars 1 and 2. I can "get used to" 30fps if I don't play a 60fps game for a while, but it sucks to have to do that. The graphics in ACC are improved, but it's not like they're even close to Projects Cars or GT, which both run at 60fps.

Jason

I realized today that I'm a 60fps snob. I decided to play ACC since a new update came out for it this morning and my younger son, who's been playing a lot of GT Sport with me lately, asked if the game was 30fps. He noticed the reduced frame rate immediately. They really dropped the ball on this.

Brad Company

I'll be playing GT Sport and PCars 2 until GT7 comes out. And some F1 2019.