News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

SkyDrift

Started by Jason, September 11, 2011 @ 08:28:50 PM

Jason

Just downloaded the trial of SkyDrift and really like it. The early reviews have been pretty positive and it's only $15. Anyone else check it out?

I like that's there's a race-only mode where you can play without any weapons. Here's some gameplay footage:

SkyDrift, Gamescom 2011 Gameplay HD

Jason

This game reminds me of an old PSX favorite of mine that wasn't very well known:

N.GEN Racing (PS1) Gameplay: X-Fighter Championship

Jason

Jason

I just purchased 1600 Microsoft Points from Amazon so I can order this when I get home tonight.

Ted

Are points cheaper at Amazon?

Jason

1600 points on Amazon is $19.75 instead of $19.99 from Microsoft, but the you don't have to pay tax when you buy from Amazon. I also had a gift card balance from some games I had traded in there too.

webdanzer

Did this one hold up for you, Jason?  I'm looking at some XBLA titles I missed when my Xbox was starting to go on the fritz, and the demo for this one was pretty fun.  Did the full game have any legs?

Jason

Yeah, it held up for me. I'm only on level 5 of 7 but plan on completing them all. The only thing I don't like about the game is that the races are either with weapons or speed rings. I'd like an option to just simply race with no weapons or speed rings. It's not a game-breaker though.

The positives are the graphics and variety of tracks. There aren't that many different tracks, but they all look and feel different.

webdanzer

Thanks.  I'm going to nab it.

webdanzer

I did pick this up.  We should try an online race sometime.

Jason

I didn't even realize online racing was available. Would love to try it sometime.

Jason

I going to resurrect an 11 year old thread...SkyDrift was one of the Xbox 360 games I owned that didn't carry over to my Series S and I finally found out why. THQNordic made a "remaster" of the original with better graphics and 60fps gameplay for the Xbox One, which I ending up picking up this weekend for $12. I'm already up to level 4 of 7 and really enjoying it. I don't know if the gameplay was improved, but I feel like I'm better now than I was 10 years ago and there's really nothing else I can say that about ;).