News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Locker Room / Re: Xbox Series X/S
Last post by Jason - March 26, 2024 @ 11:26:17 AM
The Xbox Spring Sale starts on Thursday, April 4th @ 4pm Eastern.
The Locker Room / Re: Personal Gaming Thread
Last post by Brad Company - March 25, 2024 @ 08:10:55 PM
They didn't have near enough time to pivot, that's how it goes these days.
Last post by Jason - March 25, 2024 @ 09:08:40 AM
I finished AC: Mirage over the weekend and would give it 7/10. What I don't understand is that Ubisoft advertised this game as going back to its roots, yet they tied the story to AC: Valhalla. I know it was originally designed as DLC for Valhalla, but once they made the decision to make it a full game and a sort of reboot of the original, they should have gone with a fully independent story, especially since they were going for the crowd that either passed on Valhalla or did not like it.
Last post by Jason - March 22, 2024 @ 08:09:33 PM
I took about a week break from AC: Mirage, but started playing it again this week and have been enjoying it more than before. I think I've finally come to grips with how to play it. The story and characters are still boring, but the way investigations are done is very interesting and could work well in a Batman or detective game.

I'm hoping to finish it this weekend and then may move on to GTA 4 and 5.
Last post by Jason - March 15, 2024 @ 09:15:06 AM
Your grandson's commentary was awesome, especially when you got the Watch Dog for yourself. I didn't realize the other two players could chat with you until they started talking at the end of the mission. They didn't sound too old themselves.

I'm sure you went through it with Jake, but your grandson will be giving you the orders in a few years. My 13 year old son has to explain everything to me now.
Last post by Ted - March 15, 2024 @ 12:56:35 AM
I can safely say that Helldivers 2 is the least toxic multiplayer game I've ever played.  I play with my 8 y.o. grandson on easy because he likes the bugs and he likes easy difficulty.  We are joined by two randoms partway through the mission.  It goes well.

The Locker Room / Re: Steam Deck
Last post by Ted - March 15, 2024 @ 12:26:18 AM
I don't know much about Steam Deck and really have no interest in it. Maybe I'm weird, but I'll game in front of the TV or sitting at my PC, but I don't really think about or want to game on a handheld type of device.  I don't play anything on my tablet or phone other than Woodoku and that's only when I'm riding on the ferry or other public transportation and there's nothing else to do.

I watch my grandkids play on the Switch and it doesn't look like any gaming I'd want to do.
The Locker Room / Steam Deck
Last post by Jason - March 13, 2024 @ 11:24:09 PM
Do either of you guys own or interested in the Steam Deck? Ted, I know you play/own a lot of PC games so I'm assuming your entire Steam library would be available to play on the Steam Deck.

I think I'd be all over this if I played PC games. I just recently realized the Steam Deck runs on Linux and updates as easily as modern consoles, essentially avoiding the issues with Windows gaming (driver conflicts/updates, configuration issues and compatibility).

I'd love for the rumors of Microsoft doing something similar to be true. It would be great to have a portable Xbox, similar in power to the Series S, that I could run my entire Xbox digital library on.  
Last post by Jason - March 13, 2024 @ 11:37:42 AM
I decided to play Mirage next and I'm currently about halfway through it, but it hasn't grabbed me like the previous games. The graphics are gorgeous and the cities are very detailed, but the combat has been dumbed down and there's no incentive to do side missions. The main character is also not as interesting as Ezio or Altair, which was a problem with III too.
Last post by Jason - March 04, 2024 @ 08:27:21 AM
The gameplay in Helldivers 2 looks great and I love third-person shooters, but it's a shame that a PS+ subscription is required to fully enjoy the game.

I finished AC 3 over the weekend and have now completed 5 games in the series. The logical move would be moving on to AC4 Black Flag, but I started it last night and the 30fps really bothered my, especially when moving the camera around. I'm now trying to figure out if I should skip it for now and move on to Rogue, try out Liberation or just jump to Mirage.