News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Non-Gaming Thread

Started by BDSooner72, February 26, 2021, 09:13:38 PM

GB_Simo

Bloody hell. None of that sounds like any kind of fun. Hope all is well, mate.

Quote from: Jason on June 02, 2021, 04:13:48 PM
Why the big gap between shots? They automatically schedule your second shot 3 to 4 weeks after your first shot over here.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

There were studies done over here which showed potential increases in immune response, particularly in the elderly, if the second dose was taken 12 weeks after the first. You might very well ask why the US studies done at the same time showed something different. I might very well tell you I've got no idea.

I certainly - and this is vitally important - wouldn't suggest that the UK is governed by a self-obsessed charlatan concerned solely with what's best for Alexander Boris De Pfeffel Johnson rather than the nation at large. Nor would I suggest that concentrating on getting as many first doses done as possible would allow him and his awful, disingenuous wet flannel of a health secretary to claim that their vaccine programme was an enormous, wide-reaching success irrespective of whether it was achieving the key aim. No, not me.
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

I just canceled my vacation to Florida, which was planned for August. I don't need to take chances with the Delta variant, especially with my unvaccinated 10 year old son. Seems like most of the people in Florida are proud that they're now the new COVID hotspot.

Brad Company

Yep, after a few weeks of maskless outings, we're done. Back to masks, no more restaurants, bars, etc.

Jason

I agree. I wore a mask in Costco last week because it was crowded and I always wear a mask whenever my son needs to. The vaccine for younger kids has been pushed back from September to "possibly by December". The school year is going to a shit show if schools don't start mandating masks again.

Jason

I bought my younger son a Chromebook for school last week and ended up buying myself one a few days later. They've really come a long way from when they were first released. They now come with much more powerful Intel processors and can run native Linux apps. The big selling point for me was being able to install my remote access software, so now I can bring the Chromebook on vacation rather than my old, show and out-dated laptop. I can also install almost any app from the Google Play Store. The best part is the price. I never thought I'd be able to function without a Windows laptop, but I'm glad I decided to give a Chromebook a shot.

Jason

Exactly two weeks ago I spent my Saturday shoveling the 2 feet of snow we got. Today is 68 degrees and we're going to the Seaside boardwalk to walk and eat. Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow again...

Brad Company

It's been crazy like that here, too.

Ted

One of the coldest and wettest winters here as well. Haven't flown the plane since October.  The weather has been so consistently bad and the few days I could have flown I was busy with other things or out of town.

Jason

It's 12 degrees right now with a high of 28 today. The rest of the week will be in the 60's. WTF.

Jason

Got myself a new toy today.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Ted

Jason

I'm starting to again. It's something I've wanted to start doing again for a long time and seeing how good a guitar player my son has become over the years has really inspired me. I've convinced my wife to let me keep it in the living room so I can just pick it up and play (not plugged into an amp) whenever I'm just sitting on the coach instead of staring at my phone.

Ted

Good for you.  Maybe your son and you will form a band.