News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Non-Gaming Thread

Started by BDSooner72, February 26, 2021, 09:13:38 PM

BDSooner72

EPL Champions thanks to a Man U loss today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EPL Cup Champions

Now they go for the triple dip as they play Chelsea in the UEFA Champions Finals at the end of the month.

Jason

Just got my second Pfizer shot this morning. Now my whole family, except for my 10-year-old son, have been fully vaccinated.

Jason

Lol. I was just reading about this story in my news feed. They are pretty bad looking although the Yankee hats did have both of my old area codes (212 and 718).

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Ted

Quote from: Jason on May 22, 2021, 10:34:13 AM
Just got my second Pfizer shot this morning. Now my whole family, except for my 10-year-old son, have been fully vaccinated.

Got my second Modena monday. Got halfway through work on Tuesday before getting hammered by side effects and had to quit.  Was ok this morning though, but felt pretty shitty for those 16 hours.

Jason

I've read that the Moderna vaccine has a higher rate of side effects. Luckily no one in my family had any side effects, although I do know some people who've had the Pfizer vaccine and had side effects too.

We're having our first BBQ in almost two years this weekend. It's only going to be with my brother's family, wo have all been vaccinated too.

BDSooner72

I am just holding off due to having the staff infection and other medical issues. Would love to have the injections but fortunately I am in a small town, rarely leave the house and when I do it is with a mask.

BBQ in NY/NJ?  I need some images to see if what you are truly having is BBQ.  Especially after this article ran years ago. As a Texan I am a certified BBQ inspector by birth.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/d75jza/why-is-brooklyn-barbecue-taking-over-the-world

Jason

You'd be very disappointed in my BBQ...only hot dogs, burgers and chicken. I'd love to have some Texas slow-cooked ribs.

BDSooner72

Yeah, that is actually what we call grilling down here.  ;)

BDSooner72

“I love those barrettes in your hair, man.”
“I tell you what â€" and look at her; she looks like she’s 19-years-old, sitting there with her â€" like a little lady with her legs crossed.”

BDSooner72

Fuck it, I am done.

GB_Simo

Quote from: Ted on May 26, 2021, 08:33:44 PM

Got my second Modena monday. Got halfway through work on Tuesday before getting hammered by side effects and had to quit.  Was ok this morning though, but felt pretty shitty for those 16 hours.

Had my first Moderna a couple of weeks ago and all I felt was an ache in my upper arm for a couple of days - nothing debilitating, and only if I bent the arm into certain positions did it feel a bit like I'd just finished lifting some weights. They only rolled Moderna out here in April and everyone else I know has been given either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca - what have I got to look forward to when I get the second dose?

I'm not getting that second dose until August. Thank goodness there's not an imported Covid variant about to run rampant because our government were too busy chasing a trade deal with India to close our borders properly. That'd be dreadful. You what, sorry? Oh...
Writing about racing cars, again: petrolheadblogger.wordpress.com

Jason

Why the big gap between shots? They automatically schedule your second shot 3 to 4 weeks after your first shot over here.

Ted

Quote from: GB_Simo on May 31, 2021, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: Ted on May 26, 2021, 08:33:44 PM

Had my first Moderna a couple of weeks ago and all I felt was an ache in my upper arm for a couple of days - nothing debilitating, and only if I bent the arm into certain positions did it feel a bit like I'd just finished lifting some weights. They only rolled Moderna out here in April and everyone else I know has been given either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca - what have I got to look forward to when I get the second dose?

I'm not getting that second dose until August. Thank goodness there's not an imported Covid variant about to run rampant because our government were too busy chasing a trade deal with India to close our borders properly. That'd be dreadful. You what, sorry? Oh...

Got my second shot at 2pm on Monday.  About 10 am on Tuesday I notice I feel like I do when I start to feel a head cold coming on in the front of my sinus.  Then over the next 4 hours that became a steady decline into fatigue and lethargy with a very slight headache.  By 2 pm I knew something was definitely up had muscle fatigue like I would have at the end of  hard weight lifting sessions.  By 4 pm I had a fever and headache was ramping up.  By 6 pm I was on the couch with a fever, and felt like I had heat radiating off the entire length of my spine from tailbone to base of skull.  Like radiating outward from the spine, which was a first for me as I've never had fever that felt isolated like that.  Simultaneously I had chills going across my back and shoulders and down the length of my arms so if I were to spread my arms out full span it would look like a cross with a fever vertically and icy chills horizontally.  The headache continued to get worse.  It felt like I had a belt around my head and all the pressure was being applied to the sides and across the forehead.  I had no appetite, thankfully.  At 7pm I called it a night and took a dose of nyquil.  Was out by 8 and slept through until 6 am.  I felt well enough to work the next day, not great, but I couldn't tell if that was nyquil hangover fog or side effects.  I felt a bit of fatigue the rest of the week, but nothing I couldn't work through.

Post shot I have a swollen lymph node above my right hip.  Not sure if that's related to the shot, but it wasn't there before.  It's still swollen and if it isn't gone by 2 weeks (Monday) I'll go to the doctor to make sure it's not something more serious.