News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Personal Non-Gaming Thread

Started by BDSooner72, February 26, 2021, 09:13:38 PM

BDSooner72

Instead of making a thread for things like this I just copied from gaming.

This is another example of why Annika Sorenstam is my GOAT in the sports world.

Fifty years old, plays a tour event for the first time in 12 years. Makes the cut.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/30970646/annika-sorenstam-makes-cut-gainbridge-lpga-12-shots-lydia-ko

BDSooner72

I never heard of a stoat but this video should put a smile on your face.

Jason

It looks like a a ferret, which my kids have been bothering me to get for years.

BDSooner72

They do. I hear ferrets do not play well with other animals. If you have cats they usually do not end up as bosom buddies.

Jason

I heard that ferrets and cats get along well. BTW, your video has become very popular in my house.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Glad to hear it. There are some other really good videos on that channel.  People that foster animals are some of the best people out there. Knowing they will have to let it go to another family would tear me up.

Jason

I thought you could keep them as pets. I was sad to see them set free at the end (but happy for them). I was getting ready to see where I could buy one.

BDSooner72

Mom's 80th birthday on the 19th. So me and my sisters got her a Switch Lite and Clubhouse games 51 world wide classics. Has all the games she loves to play.

Jason

80 and gaming on a console...very cool. Happy Birthday!!!

BDSooner72

With MLB coming soon, almost free of charge to my Xbox. A few of my favorite baseball clips.

The stare is good, mom not so bad herself.

Tip of the ball cap.

"I've never been so excited for a 3-1 count in my life"

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on April 12, 2021, 02:47:22 PM
Mom's 80th birthday on the 19th. So me and my sisters got her a Switch Lite and Clubhouse games 51 world wide classics. Has all the games she loves to play.

Did she like her Switch?

BDSooner72

They took it to her on Sunday but due to Covid and being in assisted living they had to do it outside. It was too bright and she could not see it much of it but she played solitaire for 30 minutes on it and she had fun. By brother in law took it back home to mess with some settings and things for accessibility. She is supposed to have it back today.

BDSooner72

She finally got it back today. Took a while because they limit people who visit indoors. Jenna, my sister, showed her how everything worked and Mom played an hour of bowling, some dominoes and by the time my Sister left a couple hours of solitaire. Jenna said she did pretty good playing the game but she is not used to the controls and will take some time to get the games she wants to play and with new games how to play them. Mom called afterward but I was asleep. She seemed happy to have something to do outside of watching TV.

Jason

Glad to hear. She's going to have the most popular room there. Everyone's going to be fighting to get playing time on her Switch. Make sure she keeps the vultures at bay.

BDSooner72

How did I miss this and this.