News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by Jason, March 14, 2020, 01:10:57 PM

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on March 20, 2020, 01:40:05 PM
Quote from: Jason on March 20, 2020, 12:25:08 PM
I'm worried about having a business 2 months from now, but holy crap is she hot without makeup.

Have you considered a future in writing country music? Just need to toss a dog and some beer in there and you have a #1 hit.

I'd rather be homeless. Country music ranks with rap/hip-hop at the bottom for me.

BDSooner72

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/greta-thunberg-coronavirus-young-people

QuoteGreta Thunberg, the 17-year-old Swedish climate activist, urged young people to stay home after announcing she likely had the coronavirus disease COVID-19.

In an Instagram post Tuesday, Thunberg said she had recovered after isolating herself for the last two weeks. She said that around 10 days ago, she felt some symptoms of COVID-19, including fatigue, shivers, a sore throat, and a cough, and that her father, who traveled with her from Brussels, experienced more intense symptoms with a fever.

Thunberg said she could not get tested for COVID-19 in Sweden as she was not in need of emergency medical treatment.

"I have therefore not been tested for COVID-19, but it’s extremely likely that I’ve had it, given the combined symptoms and circumstances," Thunberg said.

The things people say to stay relevant during an outbreak.

Ted

Quote from: BDSooner72 on March 24, 2020, 07:00:43 PM
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/greta-thunberg-coronavirus-young-people

QuoteGreta Thunberg, the 17-year-old Swedish climate activist, urged young people to stay home after announcing she likely had the coronavirus disease COVID-19.

In an Instagram post Tuesday, Thunberg said she had recovered after isolating herself for the last two weeks. She said that around 10 days ago, she felt some symptoms of COVID-19, including fatigue, shivers, a sore throat, and a cough, and that her father, who traveled with her from Brussels, experienced more intense symptoms with a fever.

Thunberg said she could not get tested for COVID-19 in Sweden as she was not in need of emergency medical treatment.

"I have therefore not been tested for COVID-19, but it’s extremely likely that I’ve had it, given the combined symptoms and circumstances," Thunberg said.

The things people say to stay relevant during an outbreak.

I don't know.  I never considered her relevant.  There's plenty of actual scientists that are relevant.  She's just a child that was allowed to screech at a room full of adults.

I'd say it's more of the chattering class trying to cope with the lack of attention.

Jason

Thank goodness my favorite pizzeria has remained open during all of this. Meat and chicken are hard to come by and you can only eat pasta so many nights in a row. I'm glad to help out a local business too.

We're supposed to get a delivery from Omaha Steaks today (first time ordering from them), so we're looking forward to that this weekend.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

My mother-in-law passed away Monday afternoon and my wife a call from the hospital today saying that her mother tested positive for COVID-19 before she died, so now my wife is stressed out that she has it and infected the kids (and me). The whole situation has been a fucking nightmare, and of course she can't get tested since she's asymptomatic...for now.

My mother-in-law spent the last week of March in the hospital and then a rehab facility (where she most likely caught it) and was back at our house on April 1st. I thought it was strange that the rehab facility kept calling to see how she was doing. Meanwhile, the rehab facility started reporting COVID-19 cases, so I think they knew and were trying to cover their ass.

BDSooner72

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully you guys avoided catching it. It does sound like the Rehab facility was covering it's ass.

Jason

Thanks. I don't think that was the cause of her death, I'm just annoyed that my family is at risk due to negligence at the rehab facility. My wife didn't even want to send her there, but the hospital pushed for it so they could get her out of there.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Ted

I guess I haven’t check in here for a few days.  Very sorry to hear about your loss, Jason.  I hope you and your family get through this ok.  I can’t believe the rehab center would put your family at risk like that.  If they knew she was infected before sending her home it seems criminal.

Jason

Thanks Ted. My wife is 3 days away from ending her 2-week quarantine. She hasn't had any symptoms so we're pretty optimistic that this is all behind us.

BDSooner72

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspicks/article/San-Francisco-homeless-hotels-drugs-alcohol-15253297.php

Throw in some Hookers, Netflix and San Fransisco will have officially solved the homeless crisis.

BDSooner72

This is not a photoshop. It's real.

Ted

Jason

The party starts once again. My father-in-law is coming this Sunday to stay with us until mid-August so my wife's brother can get a break from him. I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking this summer.

Ted

oof.  stay sane friend.