News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Xbox Series X/S

Started by Jason, December 13, 2019 @ 09:56:26 PM

Jason

They finally showed gameplay for the new Indiana Jones game at today's Xbox showcase and I thought it looked like shit.

For starters, the game is in first-person. Second, the name is ridiculous (Indiana Jones and the Great Circle). Third, the graphics were not impressive at all. They should have had Eidos or Crystal Dynamics make the game.

Update: Apparently I'm in the minority with my opinion of the game based on what I've been seeing online.

Ted

Quote from: Jason on January 18, 2024 @ 11:29:41 PMThey finally showed gameplay for the new Indiana Jones game at today's Xbox showcase and I thought it looked like shit.

For starters, the game is in first-person. Second, the name is ridiculous (Indiana Jones and the Great Circle). Third, the graphics were not impressive at all. They should have had Eidos or Crystal Dynamics make the game.

Update: Apparently I'm in the minority with my opinion of the game based on what I've been seeing online.

Maybe they're paying review farms to hype it.

Jason

That shit happens with anti-virus reviews all the time, which is why Norton and McAfee are always rated highly even though they're complete garbage, so I wouldn't be shocked it if was common with video games too.

On a funny note, my younger son now refers to our over weight cat as The Great Circle.

Jason

I'm debating whether or not I should get Madden 24 while it's on sale for $20. I've haven't bought a Madden game since '21 and have been getting the itch to play a football game with the playoffs wrapping up.

Jason

Quote from: Jason on January 29, 2024 @ 09:36:14 PMI'm debating whether or not I should get Madden 24 while it's on sale for $20. I've haven't bought a Madden game since '21 and have been getting the itch to play a football game with the playoffs wrapping up.
I had $5 in Microsoft store credit, so I ended up getting it.

Jason

It'll be interesting to see what Phil Spencer says next week with all the leaks about Microsoft games going multi-platform. It's going to be a sad day if Microsoft exits the console market.

Brad Company

They're going to lean heavily into publishing, but I think one more round of hardware may still come out. Their problems are serious though: Gamepass really has killed the cash flow from a mediocre crop of exclusives recently. Developer costs are higher for the platform because of the dual hardware requirements, and console sales for them have been atrocious. Lowering Series X to $350 didn't move the meter at all. The company overall is in serious cost cutting mode and games and services is getting hit hard.

Jason

I hope you're right about them releasing a 10th generation console. After that, I'll be too old to give a shit anymore.

Brad Company

I was more then right, new hardware in the future, no blockbusters heading to PS5, and ABK games coming to Gamepass. CRISIS AVERTED

Jason

Yes, very good news today, especially since they emphasized that we can have "confidence" building our digital libraries on Xbox.

I doubt their next console will be the "largest generational leap" we've ever seen, but I'm glad that's their goal.

Jason

The Xbox Spring Sale starts on Thursday, April 4th @ 4pm Eastern.

Jason

I was disappointed with the Spring Sale. The prices for most of the games aren't any cheaper than previous sales. I could have, and probably should have, bought Forza Motorsport digitally from Amazon for $40 two months ago yet it's $45 directly from Microsoft during the Spring Sale. I was hoping it would be available for $30 to $35.

I bought the digital version of Street Fighter 6 for $30 from Amazon during the holidays yet it still hasn't dropped to less than $40 on the PS and Xbox stores.

Brad Company

All of these sales are the same deals every time, and it's 90% last gen stuff. You really should be on Gamepass.

Jason

To celebrate the release of the show, Fallout 76 is available for free from Amazon Prime Gaming on PC or Xbox. I just grabbed a code for my copy on Xbox.

Jason

I also bought Fallout 4 GOTY Edition for $10 on Xbox. It's supposed to be one of the best in the series and a next-gen upgrade is coming out on 4/25, 10 years after the game was released.