News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NFL/NCAA Football 2019

Started by BDSooner72, August 29, 2019, 10:30:50 AM

BDSooner72

OU only had one turnover today but it was pretty bad. So bad PETA even commented on it. 

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1185649279307665408

Thanks to Youtube TV, I got to watch the ending of Wiscy and Illinois.  ;D

Thanks to having the cable box for two more days I got to watch the Longhorn Network and see Kansas almost upset Texas.  LHN is just trash, no team should have their own channel. Everything was so poorly done. From the the same 5 ad's they played the whole game, to the announcers. If Kansas would have beat Texas...  Oh, so so so close.

Worst refs ever in the Ga Southern/Costal Carolina game. Penalties for a dance off? C'mon refs. This was after the third qtr ended. You have Journey playing on the speakers. Playing in the rain, let em dance! Video below.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27883481/dancing-georgia-southern-coastal-carolina-players-leads-penalties

Welp Boise St you had a good run, now SMU and App St are the last non-Power5 undefeated teams.

Jason

Gonna have to say that I agree with PETA on that one. Can't say I disagree with the refs about the dance off too. It's a fucking football game, not Dance Fever. Play the game and stop with the stupid shit.

BDSooner72

You agree with both PETA and the REFS? 

Jason

I know that makes me sound old, but I would have felt the same way 20-30 years ago too. The amount of celebrating in all sports is really annoying.

BDSooner72

Celebrating after making a tackle I would agree. This was all in good fun and not about "me me me" or "taunting" the opponent.

But PETA? You know how many animals PETA kills?  The only danger the horses faced was if PETA was in the tunnels. The euthanize around 85% of the 2000 animals they take yearly in and that number is what PETA turns in to the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services by law. Does not include all the PETA crazies stealing animals from peoples front yards, killing them and then throwing them in a trash bin.

Jason

I'm not defending PETA. I agree with your points, I'm just agreeing with their comment.

BDSooner72

Okay, taking all the tradition out of the game that is animal based? You know all these animals are treated like kings. Never expected anyone to agree with PETA so I will just end my part of the conversation and just stick to the football and dancing when appropriate.

Jason

Except that dancing is never appropriate in football, especially in close games.

BDSooner72

OU defense is officially not back.  :o

Brad Company

K-State rammed it down their throats.

BDSooner72

and then some. Texas losing to TCU helped soothe the pain. Purple Rain all over OU and Texas today.

BDSooner72

OU loss opened the door for Notre Dame and Michigan shut that with authority. Creaking the door back open a bit for OU.

Congrats to Kansas on a rare conference win and first win over Texas Tech since 2001. Kansas could be a tough team if Miles sticks around. They should have beaten Texas last week and would have been 4-4 now.

BDSooner72

Oh boy, Earl Campbell has come up with a fix for the Texas Longhorns.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/earl-campbell-black-quarterback-texas-sam-ehlinger-comment-01drh578kn21

Looks at list of QB's that won the Super Bowl.
Looks at list of QB's that won a National Championship.
Looks at CTE and it's effects on aging athletes.

Jason

The article does a good job proving him wrong and mentioned many things that I thought of, but explained them better than I could.