News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

NFL/NCAA Football 2019

Started by BDSooner72, August 29, 2019, 10:30:50 AM

BDSooner72

Last weekends game was a about not a fun game to watch. Glad Florida ended up winning.  Plenty of good college games Thrusday through Sunday.  Hopefully OU decides to play defense this year. I can't see it getting worse. Could OU have back to back to back Heisman QB's?  I would rather see us win a playoff game.

BDSooner72

Purdue/Nevada was a great game. Nevada Freshman walk on backup kicker hits a 56 yard FG to win the game. Gets game ball and scholarship after the game.

BDSooner72

Poor Vols. Losing to Georgia St at home. Losing to a football team that was established in 2010. A team that only won two games last year.

Florida St gets honorable mention for not showing up the second half. What many Gator fans can refer to as the Choke at the Doak part deux Seminole Edition.

Next Up: We get to see if OU can play defense. Also Auburn/Oregon was a really good game.

BDSooner72

I love Jalen Hurts. Post game interview made it look like he threw 3 picks and they lost by 20. That was classic Saban. Never be satisfied.  Defense looked great early and slowly devolved into doing stuff we saw last year. They look more aggressive and actually line up in the proper places, but too many missed assignments and large running plays given up.  Still need to create turnovers.

Brad Company

OU was impressive, they put the hammer down early and never let up.

BDSooner72

Michigan learned what OU already knew. Army is no gimme even at home.  OU has to head to Army next year. UCLA loses to San Diego St for the first time ever. Will they fire Chip Kelly before the OU game next week?  Florida St is a still a dumpster fire even with a win.  Kansas just lost to Coastal Carolina at home. Les Miles, "I have made a huge mistake."

BDSooner72

As much as I want to focus on LSU/Texas, watching VOLS fans implode is just too good. Had a win vs BYU and gave up a 64 yard pass with under 20 seconds left on the clock to tie that game with a FG and we are in OT.

This is the most wonderful time of the year!

BDSooner72

LSU with an offense is a scary sight. Not exactly LSU quality defense but they are in control.

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear, other half cat
Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda pop
I still dream about that
Rocky Top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee

I've had years of cramped-up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee

BDSooner72

Is Texas back Professor McConaughey?

Jason

I just went to my first college football game today at Monmouth University, which is where my wife works and my son started attending this semester. I had no idea they were Division 1 school.

My wife and son can get two free tickets each, so I'm planning on going to a few more games while the weather is nice.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

Looks like fun. Why no stands on the other sideline?  That would be an oddity here in Texas.

Jason

I'm assuming they don't draw a big enough crowd. The (half) stadium was just built two years ago and is pretty nice, but even yesterday's home opener had plenty of empty seats in it.

BDSooner72

Game got delayed but Cal ended up beating Washington. Pretty much eliminating the PAC-12 from the playoffs in week 2.

The Sooner in me really wants to post the gif of the Texas kid crying and cussing up a storm after the LSU defeat. It just feels wrong when it is kids. It happened to a young OU fan years back so this will have to do.

I like the turnover chain for Miami. It suits them but all these pretenders are just getting old.

Jason

I'm ready for Daniel Jones...

BDSooner72

I'm ready to see Pittsburgh score a touchdown.