News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The Movie/TV Thread

Started by Jason, July 20, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Ted

Started Outer Range.  I like Josh Brolin's work.  Interesting so far.

Jason

Old was just released on HBO Max today. Looking forward to watching it this weekend.

I took my kids to see Doctor Strange 2 last weekend during the hurricane-like weather in Ocean City during my daughter's volleyball tournament. It was better than I expected, but I didn't really have high expectations going in.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Jason

Big day for new shows tomorrow - the first 7 episodes of Stranger Things Season 4 and the first two episodes of Obi-Wan will be available for streaming.

We're planning on watching Obi-Wan when my son gets home from school and then watch 2-3 episodes of Stranger Things tomorrow night, and finish the rest off on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Jason

Finished up the first two episodes of Obi-Wan this past Friday and really liked it. It ended with a great setup for the next episode.

We also finished up the 7 episodes of Stranger Things Season 4 on Friday and Saturday. Each episode was over an hour with the 7th episode running an hour and 40 minutes. The final two episodes are going to be a combined 4 hours (1.5 hours for the 8th and 2.5 hours for the last).

Right now I'd rank it as the 2nd best season, which is pretty impressive since I don't think they'll ever be able to beat the first season. I don't want to give away spoilers, but the way they linked everything together at the end of the 7th episode was great. I can;t wait to see the conclusion on July 1st.

Brad Company

Yeah, Kenobi is good, they're on a roll with the SW shows. If anyone has Apple+, the Prehistoric Planet show is really well done, and a marvel in audio and video quality.

Jason

It was a nice surprise finding out that episode 3 of Obi-Wan was available today instead of Friday, and what a good episode it was.

Jason

Started watching Russian Doll on Netflix this week and finished 3 episodes so far. I love Groundhog Day type stories, so this is right up my alley. Natasha Lyonne is great in it too.

Ted

Binged through Ted Lasso.  Quite good.

Jason

Quote from: Ted on June 09, 2022, 05:37:21 PMBinged through Ted Lasso.  Quite good.
I'll tempted to get Apple TV just to watch this.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Apple TV+ is well worth the price.

Jason

Just watched the first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building Season Two, which were just released. Looking forward to the final two episodes of Stranger Things Season Four on Friday.

Jason

Watched The Gray Man over the weekend. It's a fun, over the top action movie. At points it almost felt like a John Wick movie and Chris Evans does a good job of playing a douchebag in the movie.

Ted

I'll check that one out.

I restarted Stranger Things (had only seen S1) and then binged through all 4 in a month.  Same with Umbrella Academy.  Enjoyed both, but perhaps Umbrella a tad more.

Trying to find the next thing to get into.

Jason

Season 4 of Stranger Things was a big improvement over Season 3. I'm looking forward to the new season of Kobra Kai next month.

My wife and I are also on episode 7 of 10 of Only Murders in the Building Season 2. As of now, I'd say it's better than the first season. I hate waiting a week for each new episode. I've become so spoiled with binging.

We also started The Flight Attendant Season 2 last night. I'm not sure how I feel about it two episodes in so far.