News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The Movie/TV Thread

Started by Jason, July 20, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Jason

I just finished watching the National Geographic 6-part miniseries Valley of the Boom, which was a drama/documentary about the internet boom of the '90s and Netscape's fight with Microsoft for browser supremacy. Highly recommended.

Jason

My Blu-ray copy of Bohemian Rhapsody arrived today. Missed it in theaters and will probably have to wait until the weekend to watch it.

Ted

It's been so quiet here at the site.  Usually Jason and Brad have some conversation about something going on.....

I binged watched Ricky Gervais After Life.  I tend to really enjoy Gervais' work, but felt A.L. was only above average.

Jason

Been insanely busy with work and taking care of all the pre-surgical testing for shoulder surgery on April 4th. 

I'm guessing Brad has been occupied with The Division 2.

I love Ricky Gervais' standup stuff but I've never seen After Life. I've had one of his standup acts in my Watchlist since I got Netflix, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Brad Company

You are correct, sir. On topic, I just got 2001 on UHD.

Jason

Been waiting years for Motley Crue's biopic "The Dirt" to be made and finally get to watch it tonight on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

I just finished watching "Searching". I forgot where I first heard about it, but it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Highly recommended.

Jason

I was able to watch 3 movies over the long weekend. I watched "The Perfection" on Netflix Friday night with my wife, "The Meg" Saturday night and took my kids to see "Avengers: Endgame" yesterday.

The Perfection was a completely insane movie. I don't know if it was good or bad, but it definitely kept me interested.

I'm a sucker for shark movies, so I enjoyed The Meg for what it was...a B-movie Jaws ripoff.

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like Infinity War, but I was curious to see how the story ends and my kids were bothering my to take them, so we finally went to see Endgame on Monday and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I thought it was a big improvement over Infinity War and a good way to end the series.

BDSooner72

Being disabled, I get my moneys worth out of Netflix and Amazon Prime.  Prefer TV shows to movies unless it is a good horror movie. Still waiting for a good horror movie. The new Halloween was okay but nothing spectacular.

Netflix:
Watched season three of Slasher (Solstice), the first two seasons were okay but this one was really not good and far too political for a horror show.  The Society was basically Under the Dome meets Lord of the Flies. It was worth the watch but nothing groundbreaking.  Jailbirds on the other hand was an interesting take on prison life. Some of the dumbest people in the world find some really creative, yet nasty, ways to communicate with each other on different floors. Watching grown ass adults act like Junior High kids is always fun for the family.

Amazon Prime:
Season 3 of Sneaky Pete (Prime) was another solid season.  Season 5 of Bosch was a great season for one of the best TV shows out there. It has continually gotten better with each season. Hanna looked good but grew tired of it after the first few episodes. Looking forward to season 2 of Absentia which is coming soon.

Sidenote Netflix:
Avoid Historical Roasts with Jeff Ross. He is a great roaster but this was so unfunny. I miss Greg Giraldo. 

Brad Company

I'm all about the Deadwood movie.

Ted

Wife and I just finished up season 3 of True Detective.  Meh.  They just can't repeat the magic of season 1.

I rewatched season 1 of Mindhunter.  Man I love that show.  Just everything about it has been perfect.  Can't wait for season 2 in August.

BDSooner72

Finished Absentia Season 2. A step up from Season 1 which I enjoyed. Biggest gripe was there was no recap of the first season. Come on Amazon, stick it at the beginning of the first episode or a separate recap video.

Just started Fleabag. Two episodes in and I love it. Have seen the lead actress in a few shows before, as I love British TV but she really shines here. She has some serious comedy chops and not afraid to go raunchy.

Jason

I finally got to see Us. It was different than I expected, but it was still enjoyable. I'm looking forward the Stranger Things season 3 in less than 2 weeks.

Brad Company

The Apollo 11 documentary is great. The 65mm footage is unbelievable, the whole thing has a great aesthetic.

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on June 26, 2019, 03:58:21 PM
The Apollo 11 documentary is great. The 65mm footage is unbelievable, the whole thing has a great aesthetic.
Is that available for purchase only or is it available to stream somewhere?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk