News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

The Movie/TV Thread

Started by Jason, July 20, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Jason

My wife and I watched "Battle of the Sexes" last week and really enjoyed it. This was one of those movies we wanted to see in theaters, but never got around to it. Steve Carell and Emma Stone were perfect for their roles of Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King. I didn't know the movie was going to focus so much on Billie Jean King starting her own women's tennis league to fight for fair wages, but it was a great part of the story. Highly recommended.

Brad Company

Jason

Quote from: Brad Company on July 21, 2018, 02:06:00 PM
"Booby" Riggs... ;D

I must have had boobs on my mind after typing about Emma Stone.

Jason

Just picked up "A Quiet Place" to watch tonight. Another movie I wanted to see in theaters but missed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Jason

Quote from: Jason on July 21, 2018, 04:43:52 PM
Just picked up "A Quiet Place" to watch tonight. Another movie I wanted to see in theaters but missed.

It ended up being a pretty good movie. The first half was a little slow moving, but things really picked up in the second half.

Jason

I have "Blockers" and "Ready Player One" lined up for this week. I didn't see either movie in theaters.

Jason

I really enjoyed Ready Player One and was surprised that my wife liked it as much as she did. Those of you who grew up in the 80's (like myself) will really appreciate a lot of the references in the movie.

I don't want to give too much away, but "The Shining" sequence was the best part of the movie.

Jason

Watched Blockers last night and enjoyed it. I had heard that John Cena was good in it and definitely agree with that. Everything wraps up a little too neatly at the end, but that's expected with movies.

Jason

Just got back from seeing Creed 2 with my daughter (she loves the Rocky series) and really enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the first one, but the Rocky IV nostalgia could be the reason why. The guy who plays Viktor Drago is a beast.

Brad Company

Jason

I finally joined the 21st century and subscribed to Netflix this weekend. We started out watching "Bird Box" last night, which was very good, and tonight we binged watched the first 4 episodes of "Stranger Things". We're hoping to watch the final four episodes of season one tomorrow night.

Brad Company

Amazon Prime has some good shows, too.

Jason

Finished up season 1 of Stranger Things and really liked it a lot. Looking forward to starting season two later this week.

I've had Amazon Prime for years, but mainly use it for the free 2-day shipping. I've never really watched anything on it. Any recommendations?

Ted

On Prime I thought Homecoming was interesting.

Brad Company

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Man In The High Castle, Jack Ryan. All three are available in 4K/HDR.