News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

4K TVs

Started by Jason, March 23, 2017, 10:56:35 AM

Brad Company

The 900 series continues to be the value play in TVs.

Jason

Costco (and Amazon) has just reduced the price of the 65" 900h by $400. I was planning on getting the 55" since it fits better in my entertainment center, but I can now get the 65" for the same price.

I'll probably go to Costco tomorrow night to pick it up so I don't have to worry about having it damaged during shipping. I was there two weeks ago and they had plenty in stock. Hopefully they're not all sold out when I get there.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Anyone here have recommendations on how to sell a TV? My son is going to get my current 55" 4K Samsung, so I'd like to sell his 46" Samsung. I'm thinking Craigslist for cash is the best way. I'm only looking to get $100 - $200 for it.

Jason

It fit better than expected (yes, that's what she said). Out the door for $1034.25 and Costco upped the included warranty to 5 years. I'll post a better pic tomorrow during the day.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on September 30, 2020, 03:50:26 PM
Anyone here have recommendations on how to sell a TV? My son is going to get my current 55" 4K Samsung, so I'd like to sell his 46" Samsung. I'm thinking Craigslist for cash is the best way. I'm only looking to get $100 - $200 for it.

Facebook Marketplace if you have an FB account.

Brad Company

Quote from: Jason on September 30, 2020, 08:38:43 PM
It fit better than expected (yes, that's what she said). Out the door for $1034.25 and Costco upped the included warranty to 5 years. I'll post a better pic tomorrow during the day.

Congrats, the 900h looks to be awesome.

Jason

Thanks. I've been very happy with it so far. The 65" is the perfect size for my living room. I always stress when buying a new TV because of the panel lottery and all the horror stories I read on AVS Forum, but so far I seem to have gotten a good unit. I'm almost afraid to look too hard for defects, but so far I haven't found any in my limited time with it.

I haven't had a Facebook account since 2016. I wish the 46" fit in the entertainment center in my office.

Ted

Don’t go looking for defects.  The downside far outweighs the upside of not finding any.

Jason

After a week of use I can officially say I LOVE this TV. This is the first TV I bought that I didn't settle on in regards to size and technology. When I bought my first LED TV about years years ago I swore I would never buy another edge-lit TV, but that's exactly what I did with my first 4K TV (Samsung KS8000) three and a half years ago. The full-array backlight makes such a difference, especially when watching TV in a dark room.

My only complaint is that there's currently a known bug in the firmware that will randomly enable Motionflow even though it's turned off. I can tell right away when I turn on my TV because the Soap Opera Effect is so noticeable. Once I see that I have to just turn the Motionflow setting On and back Off again. This is supposedly fixed in am upcoming update. I do love the AndroidTV interface. It's much better than Samsung's interface.

Now I just have to hope my kids and cats (who scratched up the screen on my previous TV) don't damage it.

Jason

Sony released the HDMI 2.1 firmware update for my TV this week. Now I only have to wait a year+ to actually take advantage of it.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Grabbed an X90J, the wife gets the 900e. Now I can get Dolby Vision and 4K120.

Jason

What size did you get? As much as I love my X90H, the X90J is a better TV and can do true 4K120.

Brad Company

Another 55", it's what fits in my setup. Got an ethernet to usb adapter to turbocharge the wired connection.

Jason

I have this one: Cable Matters USB to Ethernet Adapter (USB 3.0 to Ethernet) Supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Network in Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBD7NFU/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NPDD09XTA494T5BQ305T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Brad Company

Yep, that's it. Your set has to have the chipset to support it. My 900e didn't, try it on your h. I'm getting 350 down and up.

Where the built in apps on the 900e were slow and wonky, they fly on the x90j.