News:

All future registrations will need to be approved before activation
due to the increase in spammers registering.

Main Menu

Coming Soon...

Started by Jason, November 24, 2014, 12:32:20 PM

Jason

Digital Gaming Nation v2.0

Dont' worry...NO POSTS or ACCOUNTS will be lost in the upgrade!!!

Here are some of the new features:

• A fresh, new, responsive design with Curve2:
    SMF 2.0 introduced the Curve theme, which was an update that gave a more modern web look to SMF. 2.1 includes a revamp of our default theme called Curve2! Curve2 introduces responsive design concepts to most of the areas of your forum, making it much more easily accessible to modern smartphones and tablets. Additionally, we have a number of major and minor UI/UX improvements across the board.
  • Notification Alerts:
    In prior versions of SMF, notifications were a distributed affair, with the two primary options being e-mails and PMs. 2.1 changes this with the introduction of Alerts, which can be enabled to display all your forum notifications, major or minor, in a single location without cluttering your e-mail or PM inbox. Alerts' preferences also acts as a central notification preference center where you can specify the format of notification you'd like to receive: e-mails, alerts or none, all in a single place, instead of having preferences scattered throughout the forum. In the new preference center you will now have the ability to set preferences for e-mail, alerts or both for individual topics and boards instead of forum-wide settings, which allows you to exercise a much finer control over notifications you want to receive
  • PM and Post drafts:
    Ever closed a tab or window on a long post you've been writing for a long time? I know I did while writing this announcement. Or perhaps you simply couldn't finish a post in a single sitting and hoped you could continue from where you left off? Then Drafts is for you, it is fully integrated into 2.1, along with the ability to auto-save posts and PMs as you're writing them.
  • Likes and Mentions:
    Likes has been added to SMF, replacing the existing Karma system with a more content oriented one. The system can also be extended internally by mod authors in order to allow likes for their own content.
    Members can also flag a post to call the attention of other members by mentioning them, using the internet standard @displayname syntax. This will send an alert or e-mail (depending upon the receiver's preference) and notify them of the mention.
  • A bunch of other stuff!

• Full SSL support throughout the forum. (NOTE: Requires appropriate certificate and configurations on the server.)
    • Password hashing has been improved from sha1 to bcrypt.
    • The Admin area has received a number of usability and organizational improvements. A few of the areas have been reorganized and relocated as well as some overall clean up
    • The Moderation Center also has several usability improvements, including enhanced reported topics, and moderator notes among other things.
    • Improvements to membergroup requests and approval.
    • Permissions have been expanded with new permissions for member profiles, accounts etc.
    • Built-in support for Gravatars.
    • Users can select their timezones instead of manually selecting the time offsets.
    • jQuery is now included by default with many functions now using it in core.
    • Support for SQLite has been dropped.
    • Internal improvements reducing memory consumption and improving overall speed.
    • Lots and lots of other internal and external improvements!

Brad Company

BDSooner72

Jason

Getting closer...the next beta was just released. The final version should hopefully be available soon.

Jason

It's been almost 4 years, but the first release candidate has just been released. Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade sometime this year. The "Likes", "Mentions" and "Drafts" are my favorite features and are working nicely on my test site: https://www.digitalwavearena.com/forum/index.php

Jason

The second release candidate was just release and installed on my test site. Hoping the final version is completed before the summer so I can migrate to it.

Jason

We're getting closer. The third release candidate was just released and installed on my test site, along with the new name and logo: https://www.digitalgamingarena.com/forum/index.php

BDSooner72

From Nation to Arena. For a site with five people were are getting closer to the correct name.   ^-^

Jason

digitalgaminghandful.com was taken.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Jason

Just did a test import and everything seems to have moved over correctly.

BDSooner72

I am moving on over then. Goodbye nation!

Jason

Quote from: BDSooner72 on October 19, 2020, 10:16:06 AM
I am moving on over then. Goodbye nation!
Slow down there. The new forum is only a release candidate and is still missing major plugins like Tapatalk and your favorite, Project Snow. I did consider making the switch after the import went smoothly, but I decided to wait and play it safe.

I'm glad you were able to log in and post with no problems though.

I did find out that attachments won't carry over, but there's less than 30 of them and they're all mine. I hope the final release comes soon so the plugin authors will start updating their plugins for it so we can finally make the move.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

BDSooner72

I kinda liked it, it was a place I could call my own.  ^-^

Jason

Tapatalk has been updated to work on the new site, so we're another big step closer...